Incredible service from nanoflash team at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old March 26th, 2010, 03:13 PM   #1
Tourist

Incredible service from nanoflash team

I'm a physician documentary filmmaker in the middle of a shoot at a group home for the brain injured. It's very difficult to start and stop shooting with our subjects.

In the middle of the shoot someone apparently reset the nanoflash and it would not record on receipt of timecode. I called Dan Keaton who got us back on track immediately.

We've captured about 20 hours of footage over the past month , and the quality is excellent. The workflow is also greatly simplified, going straight to QT.

We are using long GOP, 1080p 24 psf, at 100 mb and the image is stunning. It allows us to greatly modify images in post. We've found that we can be far less demanding to our subjects during production when it comes to framing, when we can blow-up and crop images at ease later.

Tommy Schell also called us back as soon as he got in the office in response to our service call (within a couple of hours).

Thanks, Guys. We're more doctors than filmmakers, and this kind of response is incredibly helpful.

Last edited by Russell Ball, MD; March 26th, 2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Russell Ball, MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:01 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Doctor,

Thank you very much.

It is very rewarding when we read that we actually made a difference.
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Russel,

You have the right product developed by the right company, managed by the right team. Congratulations & enjoy the nanoFlash. Just out of interest, what camera are you using?

Cheers
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #4
Tourist

Sony EX3

I have an EX3, and I'm very happy with it. I have the stock lens and the wide lens. The EX3 and the nano together are very user friendly.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey