Sony PMW-F3 Will Support Dual-Link HD-SDI - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old November 14th, 2010, 03:53 AM   #31
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Job View Post
.. I think Rembrandt would have used the best paints, the best brushes, and the best canvass, because he was an artist, and quality is always recognized my friend ;-)
Mark, all this business is about to DECEIVING THE EYES.
It doesn't matter how you do it.
Art has nothing to do with the number of bits you shoot with.
The technical means should never be an obstacle on the creation process.
If Rembrandt wouldn't have had brushes, he would have painted with the hands.
rafael
Rafael Amador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #32
Trustee

I'm More About Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael Amador View Post
Mark, all this business is about to DECEIVING THE EYES.
It doesn't matter how you do it.
Art has nothing to do with the number of bits you shoot with.
The technical means should never be an obstacle on the creation process.
If Rembrandt wouldn't have had brushes, he would have painted with the hands.
rafael
....Hi Rafael. I think you may be missing the point I was trying to make in this thread. From my point of view, it is less about eye deception, and more about the quality of the image I want to deliver to the client. I understand your point quite well - after all - I shoot with a prosumer HDV camcorder for broadcast only because I can fool them by delivering a 3 chip camera job in the specific network codec they stipulate, (XDCAM HD 4:2:2 Long GOP @ 50 Mbps) along with the correct 4:2:2 color space. However, I've heard that perennial argument which always starts off with the words, "Good Enough," and "99 % of the viewers can't tell the difference," etc, etc. Here's the thing - *I can tell the difference.* Here's the other thing - I'm an artist, as well as a story teller, and every good artists knows the limitations of his paint, brushes, and his canvass, and the artist uses them accordingly not to produce a work which is "good enough," rather, to "strive for perfection," as Michelangelo wrote in his autobiography. I know for some who are reading this, that my artistic preferences are way too effete for them, but there it is.
Mark Job is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey