Looking for Analog to Digital Tapeless High Shock System - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders
Formerly known as nNovia QuickCapture QC A2D2 other nNovia products.

Old December 7th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #31
Wrangler

A2D is a bit on the heavy side for my application (would prefer .5 lb or less) and the hard drive vs flash is unfortunate. Have you had issues with hard drives being affected by G forces, Pat?

$1500 is hefty, but still half that of the FFV unit...
Old December 7th, 2008, 04:41 PM   #32
New Boot

You can install a SSD 2.5 drive in the Nnovia. By doing so you increase the battery life and free up some weight. I also remove the front LCD panel. Older units tend to go for 600-800$ for a 40GB version which doesnt matter to me since I upgrade to SSD.

I don't run any A2D's with hard drives, just SSD and droped one from 5 feet onto carpet while recording, didnt phase it.

~PH
Pat Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 02:55 AM   #33
Wrangler

Pat, can you recommend an economical but well performing 2.5" SSD drive? Sounds like you have had plenty of field-test time with these. I'll be looking for a pretty low capacity size for my needs.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders