Suggestions for marks on set at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old January 20th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #1
Tourist

Suggestions for marks on set

I will shoot a comercial and I will have to put marks on set to track them on post, and later composite with 3D, How is the best way on putting them to make work easier on post.

Haré un comercial el fin de semana y tendré que poner marcas para después trackearlas y mezclaras con 3D. Cómo es la manera correcta y eficiente de ponerlas para facilitar el trabajo.

Thank you
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Trustee

small spots or crosses on the walls using green (or some color that is complimentary to the background color) masking tape the painting stuff will come off without damaging (hopefully) the wall coverings. Works like a champ and is easy to comp out in post as well.
Old January 26th, 2009, 02:21 PM   #3
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole McDonald View Post
small spots or crosses on the walls using green (or some color that is complimentary to the background color) masking tape the painting stuff will come off without damaging (hopefully) the wall coverings. Works like a champ and is easy to comp out in post as well.
Thanks for your answer, I am not using green screen it will be on set, to put 3D figures, so I will put spots, thanks!
Samuel Reyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 03:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Four spots on the background, and four spots on the floor. You'll need multiple points of reference to get a clean 3-d motion track.
Dan Quintero is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects