After Effects render/export problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old July 20th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #1
New Boot

After Effects render/export problem

I'm exporting a Magic Bullet Looks project from After Effects and when I render the clip the exported quicktime movie is split. Top half green, bottom half rendered. (see attached screenshot). I'm totally blundered on this one.

Help!
Attached Thumbnails
After Effects render/export problem-picture-1.png   After Effects render/export problem-picture-2.png  

Christopher Onstott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:24 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I've had something similar happen to me as well, except it is more of a flicker then a split, but this only occurs when I right click on my edited clips in Premiere and goto replace with After Effects Composition or if I simply copy and paste my Premiere timeline into After Effects. The only solution for my problem is saving the After Effects project, closing it and reopening it.

For your problem though, have you tried getting updated drivers for your video card? Also try to export a couple PNG/PSD frames just to make sure it's not your Quicktime Codec that could be screwy. Also don't know if this would cause it, but make sure your fields are set properly (ie if you shot progressive, set it for it under the File->Interpret Footage or right click on the file in your project window).
Old August 10th, 2009, 09:24 AM   #3
Tourist

solution?

I have the same issue and I'm wondering if anyone has an explanation or solution?
Frank Yoklins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Regular Crew

It looks like a field order, interlaced, progressive confusion.
David Merrill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects