DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Dji osmo (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/529986-dji-osmo.html)

Anthony Mozora October 8th, 2015 08:39 PM

Dji osmo

Philip Lipetz October 9th, 2015 08:59 PM

Re: Dji osmo

Sony 1/2.3" chip on the X3 cam and 4/3 sensor on the X5 and X5r RAW 12+ stop DR cameras for the Osmo gimbal.

Jody Arnott October 9th, 2015 09:16 PM

Hrmm I was tempted to buy a Ronin-M for my GH4.. but this is cheaper and would achieve the same result. Very tempting.

Dan Brockett October 9th, 2015 09:39 PM

Just pre-ordered. Same thing, I almost bought a Go Pro Hero 4 Silver and one of the Go Pro gimbals yesterday but this seems like a more well integrated system, with more control image and movement fine tuning than a Go Pro. Can't wait until they ship in a few weeks. I have access to a Ronin M and I have a 5D MKIII laying around but frankly, the Ronin is a bit finicky to set up and to travel with. I think I will actually get a lot more use out of the Osmo, even on real jobs. It doesn't look as good as my C100 + Ninja Blade but for an occasional moving shot to add energy, walk and talks, etc. this thing looks great.

Darn, doing a shoot in NY, I would love to run around the city with one of these, but the shoot happens before they are supposedly going to ship.

Craig Seeman October 10th, 2015 11:51 AM

DJI Osmo gimbal

DJI Osmo ? Reinvent Movement | DJI

Single handle gimbal
Price $649 with X3 camera 4k camera
or X5 or X5Pro Raw option.

LONDON, Oct. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- DJI, the world leader in creative imaging technology, today announced the launch of the Osmo, an integrated camera and handheld stabilizer that opens the creative possibilities of cameras in movement.

Using DJI's signature three-axis gimbal stabilization technology, the Osmo eliminates the shake of traditional handheld devices, creating cinematic shots in an easy-to-use, easy-to-set up form factor.

The modular format of the Osmo makes it fully compatible with DJI's Zenmuse camera series, but comes standard with a 4K, 12-megapixel camera with a 1/2.3" sensor and a 94 degree field-of-view lens.

"DJI consistently refines the way cameras move in space - whether they are in the air or on the ground," said Frank Wang, DJI CEO and Founder. "With the Osmo, we have created a camera specifically designed to capture a smooth moving image regardless of filming conditions."

Intelligent controls built into the handle make changing between shooting angles, capturing photos or recording video effortless.

Creators can view live images of what the camera captures, adjust camera settings and control smart filming functions including -

Panorama - Take a picture and the camera will automatically pan around 360 degrees, taking and stitching overlapping photos to create a panorama.
Long Exposure - Make handheld long-exposures crisp using the camera's stabilization technology
Slow Motion - Capture slow motion shots at 120 frames-per-second (fps) up to 1080p
Its onboard universal mount works together with an included smartphone holder in addition to other optional accessories including a tripod, a bike mount or an extension arm.

The Osmo handle comes equipped with an on-board stereo microphone, as well as a 3.5mm audio jack for recording professional-quality external sound.

"Traditional handheld cameras are either shaky, or require bulky stabilizers that are difficult to set up," said Paul Pan, DJI's Senior Product Manager. "The Osmo moves the experience of handheld filmmaking from capturing what happened, to sharing expressive, smooth video that shows what an experience was like."

The Osmo handle, which can be bought separately without a camera, is fully compatible with DJI's existing Zenmuse series, making it the perfect accessory for everyone who already owns an Inspire 1 with a Zenmuse X3, a Zenmuse X5 Pro or a Zenmuse X5 Raw.

The Osmo is available for pre-order at store.dji.com for USD 649 and GBP 549 and will begin shipping October 15. Additional Osmo accessories include -

Tripod - Place the Osmo securely on almost any surface.
Extension Rod - Reach out further for all new angles. Combine with the Tripod for added height.
Bike Mount - Lock the Osmo to your bike for a new kind of bike movie.
Universal Mount - Add extra microphone or LED light to your Osmo.
Straight Extension Arm - Mount two accessories to your Osmo at the same time.

Craig Seeman October 10th, 2015 11:52 AM

Re: DJI Osmo gimbal

With the more expensive X5 camera

Craig Seeman October 10th, 2015 11:55 AM

Sorry didn't see this thread.
Posted press release here. Perhaps mods can move it.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-...mo-gimbal.html

Looks to be ideal gimbal for single person discrete quick setup situations like shooting in NYC for example.

Rob Cantwell October 10th, 2015 04:45 PM

I was looking at the beholder but this looks to be a much better deal, is it compatible with android?

Ryan Douthit October 10th, 2015 10:01 PM

Just ordered an X3 unit. Should be a useful little tool.

Dan Brockett October 10th, 2015 10:46 PM

One of the reviews on the web showed someone using it with an HTC so I would say yes, the DJI app can be used on Android.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Cantwell (Post 1900248)
I was looking at the beholder but this looks to be a much better deal, is it compatible with android?

Rob Cantwell October 11th, 2015 07:01 AM

good to know!
having looked at their site , I reckon they'll eventually have a Micro Four Thirds available in this handheld configuration.

Craig Seeman October 11th, 2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Cantwell (Post 1900266)
good to know!
having looked at their site , I reckon they'll eventually have a Micro Four Thirds available in this handheld configuration.

The X5 series with MFT lens are already in PreOrder as well on B&H

B&H Already has pricing. $2199 with lens.
DJI Zenmuse X5 Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal with 15mm CPBX000076 B&H

$5499 for Raw version with lens.
DJI Zenmuse X5R RAW Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal with 15mm f/1.7 B&H

Emmanuel Plakiotis October 11th, 2015 11:29 AM

Does anybody know if you can put other cameras besides the DJI ones?

Rob Cantwell October 11th, 2015 03:24 PM

I didn't think those would mount on the hand-held device like the x3 model?

Philip Lipetz October 12th, 2015 09:57 AM

Different gimbal, not the Osmo.