Another newbie question about Web clips. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old April 13th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Another newbie question about Web clips.

Hi everyone,

O.K. my web designer wants me to email him the video clips I have.

1 slight problem, I have them all on old AVI DVDs.

Should I load the AVI DVDs & convert into an mpeg file or mov?

I do have SONY VEGAS 8, but I have never used it, and would rather not get into learning right at this moment when I'm trying to get a website up & running.

I appreciate all the help everyone has been offering.
Peter Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #2
Trustee

Most of our business is web design. I don't require my clients to provide the video in any particular format - I assume it's my job to convert it to a format that is appropriate for delivery on the web. After all, we're the web experts.

Ask your web designer what tools he has to convert the videos. If you were my client, I would simply tell you to give me whatever you have.

BTW, unless they are extremely short videos, he should know better than to ask you to email them.

Now, if physically giving him the videos (on a DVD or hard drive) is not possible, then I would suggest you render them in Vegas to a format that balances size and quality, then transfer them via FTP. I've always had good luck rendering to WMV. Hopefully on his end he can convert to flash video.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center