Copying discs made in Sony DVD Recorder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old April 12th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #1
Major Player

Copying discs made in Sony DVD Recorder

I use a Sony RDR-GX7 to make my DVD's direct from firewire. However, I find that DVD's made this way will not copy in PC burners using Roxio or Nero. - It gets to about 87% & then crashes leaving a coaster ! As there may be a different file structure, I tried using DVD decryptor and this didn't work either. Is there any other programs out there which when you click "Copy DVD" it does just that, regardless of any file structure differences etc. I also tried it in a friends PC and got the same result and he has never had a DVD burn, fail. In his case he had to copy the master to his HDD first as he only has a single drive. In my case I was copying direct from one drive to another without copying it to the HDD first.

Curiously, another friend was able to make copies in his commercial multi-DVD copier without any problems. This is a standalone unit, with multiple drives in the front and simply an OK button after you put in the discs. I am now considering building one of these units as I have always made my own PC's but I have had no experience with them otherwise.

Any ideas please as I find this recorder very convenient to make masters on.

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #2
Trustee

Did you finalize it? I have a similar Panasonic product. If you don't finalize the disks after recording it's just a passel of trouble. That might be your problem.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 10:13 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Tripp, Oh yes ! I found this out years ago, but I also check my masters on another stand alone Denon DVD player before it is passed as a true master. By the way all the discs including the master & the multi copied ones were all the same TDK's.

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center