How's it going? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old June 11th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #16
Major Player

Unfortunately I won't make it due to family issues that have demanded my full attention. Best of luck to everyone else!
Old June 11th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #17
Major Player

Uh oh...
For some reason I thought the deadline was the 23rd.
Just re-read the thread and see it's due this Sunday at 11:59 PM PDT.
I think I can still pull it off. Got some great footage the other day.
Now I need to line up some actors to bookend the piece.
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #18
Wrangler

We'll miss your entry, Andris. If you get time stop in and critique the others, okay?

The great idea Dylan gave me didn't pan out; I'm hoping it will work for a different Challenge down the road. But I spent the afternoon shooting footage of an event that I hope will be interesting for everyone. Gotta go back at 6 am tomorrow. UGH.

A new one for my video gear stories: You know those 42 inch round reflectors that take special skill to fold into a tiny circle? Apparently, I still don't possess the skill. Thought I did, but when it exploded in the front seat while I was driving...man, I thought my airbag went off.
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:30 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Well, me and my partner, Cole, just finished our project up a few hours ago. We once again procrastinated through all of the time given, but I'm very pleased with our final product. Good luck to everyone finishing up and submitting tomorrow!
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #20
Major Player

The sign up thread says post to YouTube or Vimeo. Can we use Exposureroom?
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #21
Wrangler

Bill, I would suggest that you upload to two places--either YouTube or Vimeo, and also ExposureRoom. We will post the YouTube or Vimeo link and you can put the Exposure Room link in your feedback thread.

Send all links to thedvchallenge@gmail.com and then if Dylan decides your ER link can be posted in the finalists thread we'll have it.
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #22
Wrangler

It's the eleventh hour!!

If you're still working on your video, you'd better hurry! And if you're done but having render or upload problems shoot me an email at thedvchallenge@gmail.com so we can talk. At this stage in the game we don't want to see you fail to get your entry in because of technical problems! :)
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:21 AM   #23
Regular Crew

just curious...How many submissions did you end up receiving?
Old June 14th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #24
Major Player

I'm curious too!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #25
Wrangler

There will be a whopping six of us showing our videos starting tomorrow. Thanks so much to those of you who got something submitted! We coulda got skunked! And that would have really stunk... ;)

I was up all night editing. Camera has to go to Canon service to get cleaned and hopefully cure the massive number of drop-outs that ruined some important audio. Computer has to go for a refit to see why it is so unhappy. But for now, it's nap time...
Old June 14th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #26
Major Player

Well I'm glad I at least put something together. It wasn't all that I had originally planned. Sunday morning I was going to admit defeat, I had to go on a long drive, and I didn't have time to get the finishing shots that I needed for my off the wall script. Then I thought, the heck with it, I have some good new footage that's going along the direction that I'm headed in filming, so I scrapped together something that I wanted to see.
A little selfish I'll admit, but that is what I read in the sign up thread. "The goal is to get experience doing something you want to be doing." I'm inching closer to making the kind of movie that I want to see, and my little entry is a step on the way.
Old June 14th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #27
Major Player

Looks like THE WALL is the winner of DVC18.
Dick Mays is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge