Attention to Detail at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old May 26th, 2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Major Player

Attention to Detail

What kind of theme is that? Dylan has been hitting the scotch or something, because like who wasn't paying attention to details in the first place? Okay, well maybe not with Titles. Who really gives a flip about those? Some graphic artist type will do a good job if I ever make a real film. I spend two seconds on titles and now I am feeling really, really bad about that. But I did COLOR CORRECTION for one of my entries. Did anyone EVEN NOTICE??? I don't THINK so.

Except Lorinda. She notices everything. And is so nice, that even if I didn't get the details right she would find something nice to say about the film,

So I went to this 48 hour meet-n-greet with my fellow filmmakers in Atlanta. Talked with Gabe, the head of the Atlanta Film Festival and asked why my entries got no love. And he said they were DARK.
So I am going to expose everything +15 IRE, and make sure I get some light in there.

Now, I call that attention to detail. Detail that matters, not just some graphic title show off thing that people who rip off AfterEffects can do.

Time for bed. But the transcoding just finished. Edit? Sleep? Devil's in the details...
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 12:45 AM   #2
Wrangler

How did I miss this? Thanks for the late night laugh, Dick. I'm with you on the details regarding titles--let somebody else do them.

As for the comment of the guy at the film fest meeting, are you sure he was talking about that kind of dark? ;)

By the way, I tried SO hard to like the red wine, but it's just not gonna happen. So I popped the lid on a Shiner Bock and actually cranked out a script! Now we'll see what the actors think...maybe they should have one before reading it...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge