The Daily Production Rant - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old October 22nd, 2010, 04:06 PM   #31
Regular Crew

And there it is. This dvchallengevirgin has submitted. Link e-mailed to thedvchallenge@gmail.com, fingers crossed. Gotta be in it to win it -- but more importantly, look forward to critiques on what I can do to make productions more engrossing going forward. A first effort to build upon, this one.
Marc Burleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2010, 07:59 AM   #32
New Boot

Hopefully I'll get something done today, though so far nothing has panned out. :(
Timothy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:10 PM   #33
Major Player

Day 1 of the shoot over here in Blighty. Off to import the footage now and map out a rough edit of what we've got for the composer then back on set tomorrow morning for the final scene... Nothing gone horribly wrong so far that we haven't worked out a way round. Might be in the unusual position of finishing something with my original idea of it intact ;)

Good luck everyone with the final day. Really looking forward to watching lots of shorts next week!
Henry Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:33 PM   #34
New Boot

Wandered around with my camera this afternoon with a basic idea in my head. Trying to upload to the computer now. :)
Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:53 PM   #35
Major Player

Done

Hey, I'm done, uploading in progress and sending the link shortly :)
Old October 23rd, 2010, 09:48 PM   #36
Wrangler

Finished shooting today, thanks to a great friend. I spent most of last night in the doggy ER with my Border Collie, who finally perked up ten minutes before I was to leave for the set today. Two hours of sleep, monster cold--no shape to be making decisions, so my friend Rich came down and ran the camera. What a guy!

Just remembered some background audio I need to record back in town. I wonder if anyone will notice I'm in my pajamas...or if you guys will notice if it's not there...
Old October 24th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Whelp... Wall of shame for me. Tour got extended, so the team's still out on the road pulling some looong hours. Sorry, guys! Can't wait to see the films!
Joseph Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #38
New Boot

I'll have to find this "wall of shame", as I am only partly done the editing (can't find appropriate music, need a few sound effects that I haven't had time to get, and need another scene in the middle and a proper ending.)

Sorry guys. :(
Old October 24th, 2010, 06:27 PM   #39
Major Player

all done. email on its way now :)
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #40
Wrangler

Half hour to go until the deadline and we've only received five submissions? Come on, you guys--out of all the sign-ups there have to be more finishers than that!
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #41
Major Player

I'm on the wall of shame. Wish I wasn't.
Jeremy Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #42
Major Player

Just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed the contest and many thanks for Lorinda and Dylan for organising. I can think of a few other budding directors from my neck of the woods I'll point in the direction of the next one :)
Old October 25th, 2010, 09:17 AM   #43
Regular Crew

Me too. I've enjoyed watching past DVCs as a spectator. Now I have a lot more respect for all you guys who have already put up films here. I can see now just how hard it is -- but also how rewarding. It makes for a fast learning curve!

Lorinda, Dylan, don't read too much into the low number of finished entries this time around. I saw the past DVC about making a trailer had 14 entries, so obviously when the stars align there are a lot of people on this board keen to try out their skills and equipment.

In any case, your enthusiasm and direction are invaluable to making this thing work -- and Guy Cochran's generosity at the DVeStore is a big incentive to make it happen here. All that and the informed criticism that fellow camera-users on dvinfo have to offer makes this a challenge too good to pass up.
Marc Burleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #44
Wrangler

Henry and Marc, your comments are much appreciated. I won't deny that it's discouraging, mainly because Dylan and I know how much Guy gives to the DVC, and how much he loves seeing as many folks as possible stretch and grow as filmmakers.

That said, we also know the times are "interesting" and are so happy about the seven of you who fought through challenges of your own to get films submitted! You won already! :)

Okay, if anyone submitted a film and didn't receive a confirmation "Got it!" from us, better speak up now. We'll post films tomorrow so gentlemen, get your feedback threads ready to roll and we'll have us some fun! Open invitation to all, not just finishers, to give comments. It's the best part of the challenge and we value everyone's helpful input.
Old October 25th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #45
Major Player

Got no one else but me to blame
I'm on that wall of shame

Couldn't get off the starting block on this one. Looking forward to seeing the films.
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge