The Daily Production Rant - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old October 25th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #46
Major Player

Looking forward to seeing the films. No could do this time, with move from house to apartment.
No wall for me as I never officially threw my hat in on this one... But sad to see Joseph Tran up on the wall cause I was really looking forward to his magical touch. Congrats to all that got a film made.
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 05:47 PM   #47
Wrangler

I've been waiting hours for YouTube to process my video. Does it get backed up sometimes or do I need to try uploading again? I'm used to free Vimeo letting me wait a long time but not YouTube.
Old October 25th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #48
Major Player

Once the file's finished uploading it normally allows you to view the video at low res. within an hour or two at most but sometimes it can take four or five hours to display at a decent quality with all the res options lit up. I'd suggest re-uploading just to be on the safe side. I have encountered the odd glitch recently when working with 1gig plus files- sometimes the upload will get to 100% and then It'll fail to process, sometimes I'll get an error message and it will process successfully regardless.

EDIT: I'd suggest leaving the one you've already uploaded in place whilst you re-upload just in case it comes through.
Henry Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #49
Wrangler

I just checked and it's still not processed so I'll upload again. Good idea, leaving the one, Henry. Thanks.
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:23 AM   #50
Major Player

My pleasure. Really looking forward to watching the film!
Henry Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:55 AM   #51
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton View Post
I've been waiting hours for YouTube to process my video. Does it get backed up sometimes or do I need to try uploading again? I'm used to free Vimeo letting me wait a long time but not YouTube.
The last few times I tried to upload to youtube it was a real mess. Something kept "failing" each time.

So I purchased a "plus" membership at vimeo and things really go well. They have a desktop uploader that I've been using and it goes real slick each time without even having to log onto vimeo.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #52
Major Player

I think theres a similar service in beta on youtube, but you need to have java to use it.
Henry Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge