DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC5 Official question thread (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/61102-dvc5-official-question-thread.html)

Dylan Couper February 20th, 2006 10:29 AM

DVC5 Official question thread

Ok, ladies and gents, it is TIME!

Dust off that camera, glue that tripod leg back on, and find that tape of your kid's recital you don't mind taping over, because it is DVC5 TIME!

You guys talked a little about theme earlier... As always, it will be anounced at the start of the competition.

The paramaters for the contest will be announced as usual, Thursday night, March 9th. You have until midnight April 2nd to complete a 3 minute (+1 extra minute if you need it) short film, upload it to the web, and email the link to it to, and only to, thedvchallenge@hotmail.com

From there, we judges will get drunk and throw darts at our computer monitors until we choose the one that we don't hate the most. Prizes TBA, but rest assured, the cheap certificate hot off my lazer printer is still one of the hottest items this side of the Oscars.

If this is your first DVC, go read www.thedvchallenge.com for more details, or look how others have been run in the past (except DVC4 which was for charity). DVC is FREE TO ENTER, but if you want to support the DV Challenge, send me fur coats or diamonds, or better yet, you can buy a T-shirt, we have new ones!

Jean-Philippe Archibald February 20th, 2006 11:00 AM

Count me in! I can't skip two challenges in a row!

Dylan Couper February 20th, 2006 11:31 AM

Ahem, the sign up thread is here: :)
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=61101

Jean-Philippe Archibald February 20th, 2006 12:14 PM

Oops! Sorry ;)

Robert M Wright February 21st, 2006 08:53 PM

I'm not sure where to post this, but the other night, it struck me, that with a name like DVC, heck, maybe somebody at Panasonic might be willing to put up a little prize, for the promotional value.

Mugurel Dragusin February 22nd, 2006 03:21 AM

big twist?

It hit me now after I got in, I guess we should know what would that be before getting in? Not a big deal tho :)

Pete Bauer February 22nd, 2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugurel Dragusin
It hit me now after I got in, I guess we should know what would that be before getting in? Not a big deal tho :)

Ha, nice try! I'm guessing that Dylan would say that's about as likely as getting him to show you his poker hand before you decide whether to call or raise. Your only chance would be to "distract" him with elephant-tranquilizing quantities of single malt. ;-)

Mugurel Dragusin February 22nd, 2006 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
Ha, nice try! I'm guessing that Dylan would say that's about as likely as getting him to show you his poker hand before you decide whether to call or raise. Your only chance would be to "distract" him with elephant-tranquilizing quantities of single malt. ;-)

Worth trying :)

Ismail Aslam February 22nd, 2006 05:35 PM

Im new...

Hi,

sorry to bug you fella's, this may sound stupid, im new to this are there any rules or conditions for the challenge, fees or prizes?

Regards
Ismail

Mike Teutsch February 22nd, 2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ismail Aslam
Hi,

sorry to bug you fella's, this may sound stupid, im new to this are there any rules or conditions for the challenge, fees or prizes?

Regards
Ismail

Please see this site, ( http://www.thedvchallenge.com ) and read the current posts for this thread. Prizes may or may not be announced, the rules are on the site and generally consistant for each Challenge.

On March 9th Dylan will anounce the theme or "twist" for this Challenge. That will tell you what you are "Shooting For!"

Good Luck! Also, see the first post in this thread!

Mike

Dylan Couper February 23rd, 2006 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugurel Dragusin

Ah HAHAAHAA!
HAAA HA HAAAH A HAA HAAA HAAAAA!!!

:)

Ismail, it is free to enter, and there will very likely be prizes. Check out our website that Mike provided for full details.

Thanks Mike!

Sean McHenry February 23rd, 2006 01:51 PM

Oh Dylan...How about getting someone to put up some stills of the T-Shirts on the other site. I'll probably pick one up anyway.

I see most of the crew is back from the names in the other thread. Hope you guys are ready for this one (judges). There are quite a few people from the looks of the other thread.

Noticably absent so far is Lorinda.

Sean McHenry

Mike Teutsch February 23rd, 2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean McHenry
Noticably absent so far is Lorinda.

sean McHenry

Sorry Sean,

See post #18 on the sign up thread. ;)

Mike

Lorinda Norton February 23rd, 2006 02:08 PM

Hiya Sean!

Yep, I'm going to put up a quick one this time so I can have as much of that week as possible with my son.

Your post in the sign-up thread about the "ass kicking" made me laugh out loud! But you'll do great. Just have fun like you always do.

As for T-shirt photos, I could probably come up with one if Dylan wants. They aren't your normal tee. Really high quality stuff here!!

Sean McHenry February 23rd, 2006 09:09 PM

I have what apparently now is a "limited edition, first run ever" DVChallange shirt and I'm so proud of it I never wear it. I don't want to take a chance of ruining it. Yes it is soft, and well made.

I bet others would love to see the new design too. Does it have a small pocket and logo on the front? We need recognition from the front, and a place to put C47s and other small bits of stuff.

First big screen showing is this Sunday of Frame 37 at the local film festival. We are all really excited about seeing how it stacks up to being projected that large.

This DVChallange thing has been a real boost for me. Anyone on the fence and reading these messages - just get in it and get it over with...you know you want to.

Back to the topic - sorry, I did it again.

I'm particularly glad to see the "regulars" all coming back for this one.

See ya Lorinda,

Sean