DVC5 Official question thread at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old February 20th, 2006, 10:29 AM   #1
Wrangler

DVC5 Official question thread

Ok, ladies and gents, it is TIME!

Dust off that camera, glue that tripod leg back on, and find that tape of your kid's recital you don't mind taping over, because it is DVC5 TIME!

You guys talked a little about theme earlier... As always, it will be anounced at the start of the competition.

The paramaters for the contest will be announced as usual, Thursday night, March 9th. You have until midnight April 2nd to complete a 3 minute (+1 extra minute if you need it) short film, upload it to the web, and email the link to it to, and only to, thedvchallenge@hotmail.com

From there, we judges will get drunk and throw darts at our computer monitors until we choose the one that we don't hate the most. Prizes TBA, but rest assured, the cheap certificate hot off my lazer printer is still one of the hottest items this side of the Oscars.

If this is your first DVC, go read www.thedvchallenge.com for more details, or look how others have been run in the past (except DVC4 which was for charity). DVC is FREE TO ENTER, but if you want to support the DV Challenge, send me fur coats or diamonds, or better yet, you can buy a T-shirt, we have new ones!
Old February 20th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #2
Trustee

Count me in! I can't skip two challenges in a row!
Old February 20th, 2006, 11:31 AM   #3
Wrangler

Ahem, the sign up thread is here: :)
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=61101
Old February 20th, 2006, 12:14 PM   #4
Trustee

Oops! Sorry ;)
Old February 21st, 2006, 08:53 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I'm not sure where to post this, but the other night, it struck me, that with a name like DVC, heck, maybe somebody at Panasonic might be willing to put up a little prize, for the promotional value.
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 03:21 AM   #6
Major Player

big twist?

It hit me now after I got in, I guess we should know what would that be before getting in? Not a big deal tho :)
Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:07 PM   #7
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugurel Dragusin
It hit me now after I got in, I guess we should know what would that be before getting in? Not a big deal tho :)
Ha, nice try! I'm guessing that Dylan would say that's about as likely as getting him to show you his poker hand before you decide whether to call or raise. Your only chance would be to "distract" him with elephant-tranquilizing quantities of single malt. ;-)
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 02:33 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
Ha, nice try! I'm guessing that Dylan would say that's about as likely as getting him to show you his poker hand before you decide whether to call or raise. Your only chance would be to "distract" him with elephant-tranquilizing quantities of single malt. ;-)

Worth trying :)
Old February 22nd, 2006, 05:35 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Im new...

Hi,

sorry to bug you fella's, this may sound stupid, im new to this are there any rules or conditions for the challenge, fees or prizes?

Regards
Ismail
Ismail Aslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 06:45 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismail Aslam
Hi,

sorry to bug you fella's, this may sound stupid, im new to this are there any rules or conditions for the challenge, fees or prizes?

Regards
Ismail

Please see this site, ( http://www.thedvchallenge.com ) and read the current posts for this thread. Prizes may or may not be announced, the rules are on the site and generally consistant for each Challenge.

On March 9th Dylan will anounce the theme or "twist" for this Challenge. That will tell you what you are "Shooting For!"

Good Luck! Also, see the first post in this thread!

Mike
Old February 23rd, 2006, 01:36 AM   #11
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugurel Dragusin

Ah HAHAAHAA!
HAAA HA HAAAH A HAA HAAA HAAAAA!!!

:)

Ismail, it is free to enter, and there will very likely be prizes. Check out our website that Mike provided for full details.

Thanks Mike!
Old February 23rd, 2006, 01:51 PM   #12
Trustee

Oh Dylan...How about getting someone to put up some stills of the T-Shirts on the other site. I'll probably pick one up anyway.

I see most of the crew is back from the names in the other thread. Hope you guys are ready for this one (judges). There are quite a few people from the looks of the other thread.

Noticably absent so far is Lorinda.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2006, 01:59 PM   #13
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McHenry
Noticably absent so far is Lorinda.

sean McHenry

Sorry Sean,

See post #18 on the sign up thread. ;)

Mike
Old February 23rd, 2006, 02:08 PM   #14
Wrangler

Hiya Sean!

Yep, I'm going to put up a quick one this time so I can have as much of that week as possible with my son.

Your post in the sign-up thread about the "ass kicking" made me laugh out loud! But you'll do great. Just have fun like you always do.

As for T-shirt photos, I could probably come up with one if Dylan wants. They aren't your normal tee. Really high quality stuff here!!
Old February 23rd, 2006, 09:09 PM   #15
Trustee

I have what apparently now is a "limited edition, first run ever" DVChallange shirt and I'm so proud of it I never wear it. I don't want to take a chance of ruining it. Yes it is soft, and well made.

I bet others would love to see the new design too. Does it have a small pocket and logo on the front? We need recognition from the front, and a place to put C47s and other small bits of stuff.

First big screen showing is this Sunday of Frame 37 at the local film festival. We are all really excited about seeing how it stacks up to being projected that large.

This DVChallange thing has been a real boost for me. Anyone on the fence and reading these messages - just get in it and get it over with...you know you want to.

Back to the topic - sorry, I did it again.

I'm particularly glad to see the "regulars" all coming back for this one.

See ya Lorinda,

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge