DVC5 Official question thread - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old March 28th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Title of Crew Member

I need to credit my entry properly. What is the title of the individual that claps the clapper in from of the camera before each take and screams, "Scene1! Take 1!"?
Scott Cozad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 06:32 PM   #47
Trustee

The Clapper - no seriously. And if they load the tapes/film too, Clapper/Loader
Old March 28th, 2006, 09:55 PM   #48
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Cozad
I need to credit my entry properly. What is the title of the individual that claps the clapper in from of the camera before each take and screams, "Scene1! Take 1!"?

Screamer clapper guy!
Old March 28th, 2006, 10:36 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Screamer Clapper Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch
Screamer clapper guy!
In my case it will have to be screamer clapper girl. I enlisted my nine-year old daughter for this duty.

And she will be credited. :)
Scott Cozad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 08:42 PM   #50
Major Player

My movie came out to 4:57 without credits. Dylan said he doesn't mind if we go a few seconds over, so would a total time of about 5:10 be reasonable?
Old April 8th, 2006, 10:39 AM   #51
Major Player

I think the 5 minute time limit was without credits, so you should be good if it's 4:57 without credits.
Andrew Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 10:47 AM   #52
Major Player

Hi Mark

Great question.

I ran into the same situation. Wasn't sure so decided to do "screaming fast" credits to be on the safe side. With credits mine is 4 frames short of 5 minutes.
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 08:48 PM   #53
Major Player

quick question, since this is my first DVC, I'm curious, how long does judging take and when are finalists, winners etc announced?
Andrew Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #54
Regular Crew

It usually takes a week or two for the films to be released and watched, and then a winner to be announced. However, with Dylan away things might be different. I would say expect at least two weeks.
Mitchell Stookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 05:51 PM   #55
Major Player

Aw, crap. I just saw in the "Who finished?" thread that films are not to be shown publicly until they are officially released. In my "oh my god, I did something" excitement, I've neglected to follow this rule, and have shown the film to a circle of other friends, and have threads on two other message boards about it. The people have no connection to this website, and they aren't video or film related communities, but still, I believe one would consider them "public".

I'd hate to have a chance of winning if I'm breaking the rules here, so what happens in a situation like this? Disqualification and a place on the Wall of Shame?
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 06:01 PM   #56
Major Player

I try to paypal Dylan enough for a bottle of scotch, which, while not being sufficient incentive to garner any extra votes for my movie, it should be enough to cover the minor screw-ups.
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 06:57 PM   #57
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Martens
I'd hate to have a chance of winning if I'm breaking the rules here, so what happens in a situation like this? Disqualification and a place on the Wall of Shame?

Send booze.

Actually, I think we can let it slide. Showing it to your friends won't affect judging.
Old April 11th, 2006, 07:01 PM   #58
Major Player

Weeoo! Isn't Dylan great, guys? Such a gracious gentleman. I'm most pleased to hear this, and will make sure it doesn't happen next time, so nothing has to "slide" one way or the other.

In the meantime, I'd meant to make a donation at some point (namely, when I was halfway certain I'd finish something), would it be do that now? I don't want it to seem like a retroactive bribe, or anything...
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 08:52 PM   #59
Wrangler

i think dylan meant no sneak previews here, to keep the process consistent. since i post mine on a free media site, other members of the site download it anyway, because it appears automatically under the "new media" banner. i think 30-40 people have watched it already, which is kinda fun.

but the thing about having it viewed here is the feedback! the discussion! the swapping of gear details and technical expertise....well worth the price of admission!

oh, right it's free.

the cost of admission is editing until your eyeballs bleed....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #60
Major Player

Bleeding eyeballs - yes, I can relate to that.
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge