DVC3, A camera to die for - feedback - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old September 19th, 2005, 08:01 PM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McHenry
And whats up with Lorinda and her knowledge of handguns? Working for the MI5 on the side? "Shooting video by day, wanted killers by night."
LOL! I'll never tell, Sean. We've all gotta have secrets. Oh, wait! That was DVC2. ;) That quote of yours---sounds a bit like a movie!

Fredrik, I forgot to mention how much I liked your stairway shots. Good pacing, I thought.
Old September 20th, 2005, 12:55 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Good job Fredrik. I thought your english was very good. You speak better than most of the people in Los Angeles. The idea of a trailer was great. Good luck!
Sean Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 03:03 PM   #18
Trustee

Good stuff

Howdy Fredrik,
I really liked your movie, I thought it was a pretty creative idea to present it as a movie trailer - good stuff. I thought the interior colors while your were on the first phone call were especially catching and looked great as well as your general composition throughout. I really liked your use of cuts while moving down the stairway.

The only two things that stood out for me was that it appears to me that the window you shoot the photos through does not appear to be the same window from the ground level looking up as it is from the interior walking to and from the window (3 pane from inside - 2 pane from outside). Maybe I am wrong on that one, but it stood out for me and perhaps calls for a shifted framing from the inside shot.

The other thing would probably have involved some additional variation in shots while introducing the 'bad guy' who I assume is the killer that was photographed. Maybe using 1 or 2 establishing shots of him walking, but some of the other cuts could have involved him rifling through the the apartment or leering through the stairwell (basically trailing the escape route of our hero) Just a few thoughts, but I still very much enjoyed it. I especially liked your choice of music - it was simple and perfect for an action movie trailer - it propelled the action along and worked quite well.

Well done.
-Jon
Old September 21st, 2005, 03:19 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones
it appears to me that the window you shoot the photos through does not appear to be the same window

The other thing would probably have involved some additional variation in shots while introducing the 'bad guy'

I especially liked your choice of music - it was simple and perfect for an action movie trailer - it propelled the action along and worked quite well.
*busted* yes, they are completely different windows. The real window leads to a noisy and big street and we used that one towards the backyard. This is where the hunting scene also takes place.

Yeah, you are probably right about the bad guy. Maybe some kind of connecting scene between what the bad guy do or so.

Thanks. They are songs that I did earlier this year which I just cutted to fit the trailer. I were going to do new stuff but I was very late and had been sick and the "creativity" wasn't at the peak so I took the songs I thought could fit perfectly. And they did.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 01:13 PM   #20
Major Player

Bravo, Fredrik! You are one of my newest, up and coming favorite film makers. I was not sure how you were going to pull off another wonderful short like the one you entered in DVC2 and was wondering if you could successfully go form documentary style to fictional style. The answer is you did so very well.

I loved the movie from the start of the great music. I got a big laugh out of your reference to your DVC2 short ["Creator of Ale is Stoned]. The shots, pacing, and even your acting were believable to me. In fact, I was impressed with your English. It almost sounded a like a british cockney accent at times.

Great job as usual!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge