DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Any site / server problems -- post here. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/137013-any-site-server-problems-post-here.html)

Lorinda Norton November 27th, 2008 11:40 AM

I've been having trouble all week--thought it was on my end.

Slow page loading, if it loads at all; time outs; now I'm getting "bad gateway" and "fatal error" messages.

Sorry to be posting such things on Thanksgiving Day, Chris and Jeff K. I'm thankful for you guys and this site! :D

Chris Soucy November 27th, 2008 12:32 PM

Another "me too".............

Slow loading, if it loads at all. Sometimes it simply "forgets" the request all together.

About the last week or so.

CS

Chris Hurd November 27th, 2008 12:37 PM

This is sort of related to the "no notifications" trouble we were having earlier. Jeff has been re-configuring the servers and is still in the process of finding that right load balance. He's aware of the issues, and is working on it as we speak (in between all of his running into the kitchen to check on his turkey in the oven). Overseas folks, please bear with us... this particular day has traditionally been one of time off with family here in the U.S.

Chris Soucy November 27th, 2008 01:27 PM

Now I'm puzzled..........

DVinfo maintains CH posted in this thread @ 7.37, some 5 minutes after mine, but of CH's post there is no sign whatsoever.

What's that all about?

Ah, the ghost in the machine................

CS

Chris Soucy November 27th, 2008 01:29 PM

Ah............

There it is.

Enjoy the day all you US folks.

Just another day at the office for all us foreign types.

Have a good one.

CS

Chris Soucy November 27th, 2008 04:16 PM

Hmm, not a one off.................

Finding more and more threads where the opening/ home page lists a new post but no post is in the thread.

Most odd.

CS

Er, make that "shed loads" of 'em.

Jenn Kramer November 27th, 2008 09:52 PM

We're learning a lot more about the internals of our forum software than we really cared to, but I think we're getting close. Hopefully the weirdness should be resolved in the next day or so and we should be back to our normal speedy selves.

Lorinda Norton November 28th, 2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn Kramer (Post 969836)
Hopefully the weirdness should be resolved in the next day or so and we should be back to our normal speedy selves.

Oh, YEAH !! -- lightning fast once again. You're a monster, Jeff! :D Thanks!!

Jenn Kramer December 1st, 2008 03:57 PM

Is anybody still having an issue with slow page loads? It's not happening for me, but the web's a wide and wooly place.

Trond Saetre December 1st, 2008 04:32 PM

Seems like dvinfo is back at normal page load speed again.

But the login/auto logout problems when trying to post still occur.
(As mentioned in a separate thread)

EDIT:
Seems like everything is working perfectly now.

Adam Gold December 3rd, 2008 09:32 PM

The page cannot be displayed > 2nd level forums

This may only be me, as I haven't seen any other posts about this, but whenever I click on the 2nd level sub-forum, I get the message:

"The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed ...
HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer "

Everything works fine at the top level (The Digital Video Information Network) and at the third level (DV Info Net Announcements), but not the one in between (The DV Info Network).

Anyone else notice this?

Jenn Kramer December 4th, 2008 01:09 AM

Thanks for the bug report, this should be fixed.

Adam Gold December 4th, 2008 02:53 PM

It is indeed. Thanks.

Chris Soucy December 7th, 2008 12:55 AM

"Display Last Post" not doing it........

Hi Jenn,

Another foible(s) has come to light.

Occasionally, only occasionally mind, if I click on a "last post" over on the RHS, it displays the thread sure enough, but instead of (infuriatingly) doing a flick down to the last one quite some seconds after displaying the thread, it just stops dead, quite some posts from the last one.

Just now it got even weirder.

I clicked on "last post", it diplayed the thread, quite some way up from the last post, and, as I had manually scrolled down to the last post, it flicked back up to where it had originally pointed me to.

The reason this is so noticeable is that, given the delay involved, I usually scroll back up the thread to catch up on previous posts, and the damn "last post" thing kicks in and boots me straight back to the bottom, mid read.

This one did the reverse.

Very strange.

CS

PS: Don't suppose there's any movement with the "regional flags" thing any time soon?

Chris Soucy December 7th, 2008 02:35 PM

Hmm, yet another..............

Just clicked on this "last post":

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/avchd-for...tml#post974302

and it took me to the top of page 4 instead of the bottom of page 5. Scratch head, scroll to the bottom of page 4, see there's a page 5.

Backed out, dived back in, voila, the bottom of page 5.

Weird.

CS

Hmm, now occasionally it's just dropping me into the middle of the last page of posts - could be the last post I read, but it ain't the last post.

I can't even say it's that, the thread I dropped in on I don't think I'd ever read.