A request for an integrated Final Cut Studio forum (including DVD and Web Delivery) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old March 26th, 2007, 03:49 PM   #1
Major Player

A request for an integrated Final Cut Studio forum (including DVD and Web Delivery)

Hi Chris.

I know that the exact delineation of what each forum should cover is a very tricky thing, especially as formats, platforms and associated technology constantly evolve.

Which is why I am making this request. With the HDV and DVCPRO HD formats plus the emergence of HD DVD and Blu-Ray delivery, I think the time has come to have a full discussion of the workflows being evolved in the one forum which is dedicated to the toolset being used for the COMPLETE post-production workflow (Final Cut Studio).

For example, on the "Non-Linear Editing on the Mac" forum you can take a discussion as far as encoding your DVD or Web Video assets with Compressor (as it is part of the NLE, really) but then you'd (strictly speaking) have to start a new thread on the "DVD and Web Video Delivery" forum to take it any further. (And I can foresee a lot of upcoming full Blu-Ray workflow discussions possibly being hampered in this way.)

I'm not sure whether it should be a separate forum or simply take over and expand the existing "Non-Linear Editing on the Mac" forum. Probably expanding the "NLE on the Mac" forum into a "Final Cut Studio" forum (and still include iMovie and FCExpress - I'm not looking to dispossess anybody with this) would be best.

Apple now only sell Final Cut Studio (rather than FCP) and this proposed change to the forum would also reflect this (and specifically include DVD and Web Video delivery on the Mac platform as part of the forum).

Thanks for reading this and (hopefully) considering it.
David Knaggs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements