DVC14 - Fish Like to Travel in Pairs - Joseph Tran - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 24th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #16
Major Player

Dick, I almost thought that's what was going to happen when he runs to the vending machine for the water; it seemed like too friendly an atmosphere for that to actually happen, of course, but for a second there I wondered.

Joseph, thank you for the details, "choreography" sounds to be an understatement. I hadn't considered the problem of lighting everything, to hear you did that with only reflectors is inspiring. As has been said, your background must have helped, but it still had to be one hell of a dance coordinating everything. Would you do something this involved again?

You're right about predictability, now that I see you explain it, and I shouldn't have used the word "obvious" back there. I did say it's nice to have a break from the edgy stuff, but somehow it never occurred to me that a happy ending has become the least predictable route to take. Your paragraph swayed me, I suppose, so well done.

And I'm very pleased to hear you're taking my sure to be award-winning idea to heart. French aquatic life is compelling material, let me tell you.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:34 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I enjoyed the laid-back pacing of this piece (although it obviously wasn't ALL that way), Joseph, your skill is evident every time we do this challenge and I like to watch your films for things I can learn to do better. Thanks for taking the time to put this piece together.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!