DVC 6 Feedback - "Bent Rays" - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 2nd, 2006, 12:53 PM   #31
Major Player

Point taken; if you try to show something creepy, and fail, it doesn't work. A major risk, to be sure.

Silent Hill tops the chart of my favorite videogames of all time. The movie isn't so bad, either, considering how badly they could have adapted it. The game was directly influenced by the likes of Adrian Lyne's film "Jacob's Ladder", Stephen King's short story "The Mist", and Dean Koontz's novel "Phantoms", so check those out if you like this kind of thing (and haven't done so already). And let's not forget "Session 9", as well, one of my favorite examples of holding back on your audience. The technique may be "standard issue", but man, can it be fun.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2006, 03:56 PM   #32
Trustee

I own Jacobs Ladder, Stay and The Jacket. Interesting ideas there. These 3 films have the same basic idea driving them. Stay is very well done too, if you haven't seen that one yet, it's worth finding.

My wife is a Koontz fan. She liked that one and has since turned into one of those people that watches all those medical and police shows on real life unsolved crimes. Sometimes I worry she's just gathering ideas...

I just a few minutes ago watched the most current release of the old version of Wicker Man by Anchor Bay. In the making of section of it, the writer mentioned exactly this very thing. He left some things ambigous specifically to let the audience have some fun with it. This movie was put out in 1973 and had some very interesting background. If you look it up, and especially if you get to see the behind the scenes stuff on it, it's fascinating to see what happened to this film over the years.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!