DVC #7 - Mike Teutsch - "Fading" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 30th, 2006, 01:28 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Hey Brad, Mike has used his dolly before when shooting himself in a movie. You should see the contraption he built--it's cool!!! I used the dolly Mike sent to me while shooting myself this time but it didn't make the cut. My method wasn't nearly as sophisticated as Mike's; I just had a string tied from the dolly to my foot and drug it in! :)
Sweet! I want to see that!

Best wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #17
Wrangler

We'll see, Brad. :)

Darn, I may have promised more than I can deliver, Alex. It just occurred to me that Mike sent a video to me of his home-built dolly mover (sorry to be confusing, Brad--I'm talking about a motorized dolly here!). We'll just see what the master machinist has to say and I'll shut up... :)
Old December 30th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley L Marlow
Here you go: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=81269

Look at the 6th post and you will see the picture. He's donating this, plus his tripod, camera, dolly track and a whole bunch of other stuff to the winner of dvc #7! (jk)

Best wishes,
Bradley
Thanks Bradley. It looks like a slick rig.
Alex T. Hurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley L Marlow
Here you go: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=81269

Look at the 6th post and you will see the picture. He's donating this, plus his tripod, camera, dolly track and a whole bunch of other stuff to the winner of dvc #7! (jk)

Best wishes,
Bradley

Whoa, just the dolly!!!!!! Thanks for the kind comments guys. Yes the prototype dolly will go to the winner or someone else, as decided by Dylan, Boss Hog!

The motor part, not included, can be seen in this short video. As a side note, I did buy about 20+ motors, and sometime I will be building some of these for others. It is just a simple thing, but so smooth, and cheap.

http://www.treasurecoastvideo.com/dolly%20film.wmv

I built it for DVC#4 I think! It worked excellent! I was able to blend to multiple passes into one video shot.

I hope that who ever gets the dolly can make good use of it. It is a fun accessory to have available.

Thanks for the compliments on my short, I thought it was OK, but I'm very happy that you all liked it. It is so damn hard and frustraiting to try to do this and all of my other stuff by myself.

I am involved with the Burt Reynolds Museum in Jupiter, and will be coordinating some film making classes there soon, as our main man, an instructor at Palm Beach Community College, has taken an additional job to make some money, shame on him! Thank god, I won't be teaching, just lining up the talent.

For any of you in the area, it is a fun place and a great place to meet people and have fun. They are desparate for help, as I will be shooting a short for them there in about a week and a half.

Thanks again for your very nice comments on my short, and I do hope that I can get it out in the real world to raise money for Alzheimers research.

Mike
Old December 30th, 2006, 05:08 PM   #20
Major Player

Mike, I would totally youtube that video of yours. I think something like that could do a lot of good. And the power of the internet is great for donation-based causes.

Also, that dolly motor is a brilliant idea! Since doing this DVC project I've got the creative writing bug and now I've got two short skits (comedies) that I'll be filming soon. I've been thinking of buying that killer camera rigs book and if I build a dolly I'm gonna hafta build a motor for it. Hope you don't mind my borrowing!

Thanks buddy!

*also* as I'm trying to build my production company (its really just me right now, but I manage). I'd love to post that video when I add a video section, just to spread the word, I would completely give all credit to you, it would be more of a PSA on my site, you wouldn't have to worry about bandwidth, I'll keep it on my site for my traffic. ~just a thought, I'd love to help spread the word
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #21
Major Player

Excellent work! The message came through loud and clear.
The image quality and lighting was spot on as well.

Nice job!

EDIT: Mike, are you in the picture with your grandfather?

Mike

Last edited by Mike Horrigan; December 30th, 2006 at 10:40 PM.
Mike Horrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 10:36 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Hit me hard with this one. I saw that look from my mother for the last four years of her life. She passed just over 2 years ago. Excellent portrayal, and the eyes, yes the eyes are what told me that you had seen the same thing I had--- that vacant, confused, pleading look, that says "Help me, I don't know what going on here!!"

Nice job on a very serious subject....
Old December 31st, 2006, 06:55 AM   #23
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrigan
Excellent work! The message came through loud and clear.
The image quality and lighting was spot on as well.

Nice job!

EDIT: Mike, are you in the picture with your grandfather?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Ya, I'm in the picture. I'm the limp wristed one on the left, with the camera around my neck! :)

We were just back from an offshore fishing trip that my grandfather had arraigned for my brother and me. My first offshore trip, but it set up my love for ocean fishing. Now I have fished all over the world and I'm an official for the International Game Fish Association (IGFA).

The two dolphin in the picture were the main course that night for a get together of the family and the next door neighbors. Dolphin fried, baked, and grilled! A very good memory!

Mike

Oh, and I should add the the fishing trip resulted in my first appearance on TV! :)

Mike

Last edited by Mike Teutsch; December 31st, 2006 at 07:30 AM.
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 07:34 AM   #24
Major Player

I honestly guessed that you were on the left in the picture, I should have posted it. :)

Looks like you guys had a good day.

Cheers,

Mike
Old January 1st, 2007, 01:45 AM   #25
Major Player

Lost my mom to this two years ago. Very powerful Mike. Excellent job.
Dennis Khaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 03:13 AM   #26
Trustee

Mike,

I echo all the things already said here. I also lost my Mom 2 years ago, she had Alzheimers for the last few years but it was a sudden illness that took her. She almost made it to her 90th birthday.

I have seen how Alzheimer's robs an individual of diffrent aspects of who they are in diffrent people.

What you've done here is more than awesome and I hope I'll see it on the networks as a public service announcement some day.

Best wishes,

Bruce
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 03:37 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Mike -

Thanks for making this movie! My grandfather has alzheimers so it really hits home for me...Its amazing how many others in the forum can relate too!

Your imagery and sound was so simple and beautiful. Very moving!

Thank you!
Jamey*
Jamey Hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 09:46 PM   #28
Major Player

OMG you made me cry. You should completely send this to the Alzheimer's Association, I'm sure they could use a good PSA.

Smile,
Kris

PS: having now gone back and read what everyone else wrote, that seems a little redundant, but it's just because we all agree your work was so good.
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:42 PM   #29
Major Player

I just saw the bump on the thread about how much money we've been raising. I went into this thinking, well I won't win, but if I do the money will go to the homeless shelter where my sister-in-law works because a) it's a good cause, and b) she'd shoot me if I did anything else. But now I'm thinking whoever wins should follow the suggestion in Mike's video and give to the alzheimer's folks.

Just a thought.
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:23 AM   #30
Trustee

I agree and that was my initial thought when I first saw it, you could pitch this as a PSA if you remove the part about how it is for your grandfather as the public won't know the gentleman most likely. Make it generic by saying something like "Wesley John Teutsch - 1896 to 1989" then on to the next graphic. Also remember that graphics should be bold on television. Black over the grey image might be hard to read on a 9" B&W in someones kitchen. I would probably also do a slow zoom in on the photograph under the title.

Good job. Try to get this one on the air.

On the Dolly, I wonder if there is a way to make a drive wheel and motor assy that would be in a small housing ON the dolly platform. A pair of skateboard wheels friction driven? That would work for curved tracks.

Hmm.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!