DVC8 - Josh Johnson - "TV Dinner" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 9th, 2007, 02:20 PM   #16
Wrangler

Josh,

Please, be sure and tell Nathania what a wonderful job she did! I've found where I live that it's hard to find women who can act well enough to be truly likeable and get me on their side. I felt sympathetic toward her right from the start, and the dialog worked very well.

You did a good job with lighting and shooting! Mood was set perfectly. :)
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #17
Trustee

Nathania! You could do better than that! I bet there's a nice flat screen plasma who would just love to be with a girl like you! HAHAHAHAH! Quite different, Josh, but well shot.
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #18
Major Player

Hi Josh J!

Well. I can see someone is off their meds. (lol)

Nathania did a fantastic job! I liked your conversation and thought the acting was very well done. Like Hugh said, you can definitely find a better T.V. set out there. Try itsoktolooksquare.com.

Nice job of shooting cutaways to set mood. Is it okay to mention I was particularly fond of that stroking the wine glass shot?
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Thanks for the comments!

I told Nathania she could find a better TV, but as a classic movie fan -- http://www.classicmovielounge.com -- she likes the old-style TVs.

A lot of people mentioned the wine glass shot here too. I was worried it set the wrong mood, but I guess not! :) Thanks again!
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #20
Major Player

Even knowing she was dining with a tv, it was still so well acted it definitely kept my interest. I thought Nathania did a wonderful job- playing so many different moods so quickly. She seemed to be great at getting just the right tone for each line. And the lighting really fit the piece- a soft, romantic glow- enhanced the whole feel of the film. Great film.
Ruth Happel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Hey Josh,

Great idea and well executed! You had great dialogue and she did an excellent job acting! It totally played on the phrase "I have a date with my T.V. tonight." LOL!

I agree that it was a little obvious where it was going. I think a simple change of title would solve that. Even knowing the theme, I may not have picked up on what was going on if the title was something like "Second Date" or something without T.V. in it. Because I really think your idea was cool and I wish I didn't see where it was going. :)

Jamey*
Jamey Hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #22
Major Player

I thought the script was very rich....perhaps you have dealt with a similar type of person? We all know that when writing we bring out our own experiences...a little glimps into Josh's personal life perhaps?...just teasing.

It was well put together and nice job holding off until the very end to reveal who she was talking to.

Nice acting and directing

Jeff

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!