Tales of Wonders and Woes - Charity challenge 2013 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > DV Info Net Community Contests > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge

The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Our contest series unites for a common cause...


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:02 PM   #31
Trustee
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Angelo Texas
Posts: 1,510
Re: Tales of Wonders and Woes - Charity challenge 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trond Saetre View Post
Hope your surgery goes well, Bruce.
.
Thanks, Trond.

It was done this morning 1-6-2014. Up early at 4:30AM, Daughter drove me 90mi. to Abilene (no retina specialist here in San Angelo for an 8:00AM appt. 1 hour of prep, 1 hour of sugery, and about a half hour in a recovery facility. I was awake for the whole thing, 3 openings in the eyeball, the layer of wrinkled tissue over the retina cut around and then "peeled" off, some scraping to get rid of "debris", then all instruments removed.

Two followup appointmens later this week and then there may be some idea of the time element involved with healing inside the eyeball.

The wrinkled tissue was functioning like a very fine black net diffusion filter some portrait and fashion photographers used to make before commercial versions were widely available. I've been testing a Tiffen Black Diffusion #3 which has an effect much more subtle than what I was seeing through my left eye.

Good luck everyone, I look forward to seeing your entries.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #32
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 2,863
Re: Tales of Wonders and Woes - Charity challenge 2013

Bruce, sounds like the surgery went well. Good to get rid of the "built in" diffusion filter.
Hope to have you back up and running with film making again soon.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2014, 07:44 PM   #33
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Posts: 8,308
Re: Tales of Wonders and Woes - Charity challenge 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Foreman View Post
Thanks, Trond.

It was done this morning 1-6-2014. Up early at 4:30AM, Daughter drove me 90mi. to Abilene (no retina specialist here in San Angelo for an 8:00AM appt. 1 hour of prep, 1 hour of sugery, and about a half hour in a recovery facility. I was awake for the whole thing, 3 openings in the eyeball, the layer of wrinkled tissue over the retina cut around and then "peeled" off, some scraping to get rid of "debris", then all instruments removed.

Two followup appointmens later this week and then there may be some idea of the time element involved with healing inside the eyeball.

The wrinkled tissue was functioning like a very fine black net diffusion filter some portrait and fashion photographers used to make before commercial versions were widely available. I've been testing a Tiffen Black Diffusion #3 which has an effect much more subtle than what I was seeing through my left eye.

Good luck everyone, I look forward to seeing your entries.
Hey, you know if you come up here to Canada, we do that surgery for free, eh?
Downside is, I'm the one who does it.
__________________
Need to rent camera gear in Vancouver BC?
Check me out at camerarentalsvancouver.com
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:51 PM   #34
Trustee
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Angelo Texas
Posts: 1,510
Re: Tales of Wonders and Woes - Charity challenge 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trond Saetre View Post
Bruce, sounds like the surgery went well. Good to get rid of the "built in" diffusion filter.
It did go well, Doc had a clinic here in San Angelo today and was pleased with how the healing is going. I had 20/50 in that eye (on a good well lit day) before the surgery, today it tested out at 20/70. He told me before surgery it would take a few weeks to get back to where I was so I'm almost there. Then over the next 3 months whatever improvement there will be will take place. Right eye is 20/20 thankfully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trond Saetre View Post
Hope to have you back up and running with film making again soon.
Yes, me too! I've got new gear I haven't had a chance to fully put to the test yet!
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #35
Trustee
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Angelo Texas
Posts: 1,510
Re: Tales of Wonders and Woes - Charity challenge 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper View Post
Hey, you know if you come up here to Canada, we do that surgery for free, eh?
Downside is, I'm the one who does it.
With a Yeti assisting, right?
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 08:06 PM   #36
Major Player
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: HI, USA
Posts: 622
Re: Tales of Wonders and Woes - Charity challenge 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper View Post
Hey, you know if you come up here to Canada, we do that surgery for free, eh?
Downside is, I'm the one who does it.
But the main thing it's free, right?
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 09:06 PM   #37
Major Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia.
Posts: 569
Re: Tales of Wonders and Woes - Charity challenge 2013

I was up until one thirty last night trying to find a quiet time to record voice over audio. This is not a very quiet house, with some road noise as well. I even turned off the air conditioning which was a bit much in the middle of a heatwave.

I got the film finished and have submitted it, so I am not going on "The Wall"!
__________________
Cheers
Tim
Tim Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 10:20 PM   #38
Major Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 690
Re: Tales of Wonders and Woes - Charity challenge 2013

I will be disqualified for various reasons, but I will submit an entry! Not on the wall! Not on the wall!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #39
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 3,012
Re: Tales of Wonders and Woes - Charity challenge 2013

I had a concept. I had cleared an entire week of my life to produce it. I even started recording audio for it.

And then...the flu. the $%^($(## FLU. *sob*

just getting back on my feet now. Hang me on the Wall. Throw me in the Tank.

it's still a good idea. I may make it yet.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #40
Major Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 880
Re: Tales of Wonders and Woes - Charity challenge 2013

Better than me. I couldn’t come up with a single idea one. Absolutely no inspiration. Hope you are feeling better soon, Meryem.
Mike Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2014, 12:28 PM   #41
Major Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 439
Re: Tales of Wonders and Woes - Charity challenge 2013

I thought I was alone with the flu! -

Same situation as Meryem, I'm afraid - I had a couple of plans, then caught the worst dose of flu I've had in years - I even missed the incoming New Year celebrations! - Good work everyone, and maybe next time.....
Paul Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014, 03:52 AM   #42
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Elk Grove CA
Posts: 6,838
Re: Tales of Wonders and Woes - Charity challenge 2013

Same issue for me, and my normal crew and cast. We had good intentions to shoot after Christmas, but the flu bug had different ideas.
__________________
Chris J. Barcellos
Chris Barcellos is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > DV Info Net Community Contests > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:03 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network