DVD Video Out of Sync even though original file is not? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 1st, 2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Major Player

DVD Video Out of Sync even though original file is not?

Hi all,

I used Sony DVD Architect Pro 5.0 for the first time to finish a wedding DVD.

My original footage was shoot on a Canon 7D/60D at 23.976 1080p. I edited on Sony Vegas Pro 10.0e using project properties 23.976 1080p. I rendered the file out as 23.976 1080p.

However, when I opened DVD Architect, the only availabe option was 29.97 480p. I'm fine with the downgrade to SD quality, but I wanted 23.976 so as I was preparing the project for burning, I saw a button that said optimize that allowed me to change the video file to 23.976 (project properties stayed at 29.97 though).

When I finished burning it, I noticed that the entire wedding ceremony was out of sync (video/audio no longer matched). Why is this? Is it because I forced it to be 23.976? Is there just no way to get my DVD video to play at 23.976 synced with audio?
Zhong Cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2011, 08:06 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: DVD Video Out of Sync even though original file is not?

I just read these two articles from Sony: https://www.custcenter.com/app/answe...lMRDFEaw%3D%3D (render settings to use from Vegas to Architect)

and https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1210 (sync issues)

So I rendered out my files from Vegas as mpeg2 according to the settings suggested (it seemed to apply 3-2 pulldown), then rendered out as .wav with the settings suggested.

However, now I am seeing interlacing jaggies when I preview the video file in Architect. What should I do? Haven't burned the DVD yet so I don't know if this will fix my sync issues either.
Zhong Cheung is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring