Sharing Project Files in 10.1.3? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old October 28th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #1
Major Player

Sharing Project Files in 10.1.3?

Hi folks. Finally made the jump from FCP 7 to FCPX (yeah I know....) about 2 months ago. Anyway, I'm co-editing a large project with another editor. I copied all the files to a drive and he's working on it in NYC. Now it's time for me to edit on his changes, but I can't for the life of me, find a simple way to get the project files back. When looking online it's all recommendations to an older way FCPX used to do it (File>Duplicate Project) which then pops up a dialogue box with a variety of options. But when I right-click and duplicate project I'm given no options.

What's a simple way to get my a project file back so I can begin editing on the changed edit?
Josh Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Sharing Project Files in 10.1.3?

The beauty of Final Cut Pro 10.1 is that everything is/can be stored in a Library. (Includes the events and project files) It depends if the files have been copied over to the library or referenced.

So you need to either consolidate everything into the library, or provide/copy the original files along with the Library.

Final Cut Pro X 10.1.2: Updating and working with libraries FAQ

http://www.larryjordan.biz/fcp-x-10-1-collaboration/

That's from my understanding of it that is.

I copy libraries to other drives to archive when done, making sure to consolidate all the original media if desired, but delete the rendered files to save space.

One more thing, as much I love dvinfo.net--- another great resource for FCP users is over at the fcp.co
John C. Chu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X