DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 27th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Motion 3 training DVDs

Can anyone tell me their experience with the Ripple Training DVD's for Motion 3? I'm looking for the best training resources and on a budget. I've played with motion a bit, and reviewed quite a few free online tutorials, but would like to have an "A to Z" type lesson.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Watkins
Mike Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 01:42 AM   #2
Major Player

In Motion 3 Fast Forward, the lessons on greenscreen were great. He (Mark Spencer) totally lost me when he went into 3-D though. I'm totally unfamiliar with 3-D and really needed that section to be crystal clear and "novice-friendly". But I was quickly left disoriented and floundering. That's the only trouble I've ever had with Ripple Training DVDs. All their other ones I've understood easily and well (Color Correction, Compressor, DVD Studio Pro, etc. were all great and I'm anxiously awaiting their newly-released Soundtrack Pro DVD - currently enroute to me in the mail). But I felt that Mark Spencer gave insufficient care to orienting the brand new person to the 3-D concepts near the beginning of the 3-D section. Now, that could just be my fault, of course. Other newcomers might have found it quite easy.

But I felt that Mark did a really good job with the other lessons on that DVD (compositing, greenscreen keying, lower third titles, animating a logo, etc.).
David Knaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 01:07 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I felt it was very informative. I had minor experience in after effects before getting into motion so I can understand the learning curve for 3-d. The trainings did move rather quickly but take your time and replay the tutorials and they should help out tremendously.
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite