Lumiere HD workflow - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 23rd, 2005, 08:42 AM   #76
HDV Cinema

"But, as Frederic says, the MPEG2 stream coming down that firewire cable is a 60fps stream, not a 24p one, but it only contains data for 24 out of those 60 frames, with the extra frames being small pointers to one of the real 24 frames that gets duplicated."

There's no such thing as REPEAT frames frames replaced by "pointers." (Where did you hear this idea?)

There must me 60 full frames per second to keep the 60Hz timing right. What may be true is that the REPEAT frames are flagged -- something very different.

There are many ways 24 can be embedded in 60. That's call the pulldown cadence. Frederic seems to be claimg JVC has done some non-standard pulldown. One that will require special software to remove all but the 24 frames.

I don't buy this because for the analog output, JVC must use 2:3:2:3 pulldown which is the industry standard. Now if it adds 2:3 to the 24fps for analog -- I really doubt that it does send exactly the same cadence down the i.LINK.

If 2:3 is sent down the i.LINK, then any NLE that deals with telecined video can handle it. No extra software is needed. FCP will never know this wasn't film transfered to video -- excapt the video is progressive and not-interlaced. This is already done with DVCPRO HD at 24fps..

Now the OS X FireWire driver may have to be modified to accept 720p60 at 1280x720 since that is different than Panasonic which is 960x720. But, that is a trivial change.

Likewise the driver will have to be modified to allow 720p25 and 720p50. I'm sure will see an unpdate before AVID ships there HD-100 solution this summer.
Old July 14th, 2005, 03:55 PM   #77
New Boot

Same export to tape problem

I just purchased Lumiere HD to try to solve issues I am having using FCP 5 to get video back onto my HDR-FX1 after I have edited it in FCP. I have followed the instructions on the Lumiere site but am having the same issues as you. My video is streched and offset and the audio is sped up, causing the audio and video to go out of sync.
I would love any help in resolving this. I am still unable to get video back to my camera either in FCP 5 or with Lumiere. Lumiere HD's support seems to be non-existant.
Doug Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2005, 06:56 AM   #78
New Boot

Capture 720p24 with Lumiere?

Is it possible to capture 720p24 with Lumiere?
Linus Nilsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2005, 09:57 AM   #79
MPS Digital Studios

I thought I saw something to the effect on www.lumierehd.com their latest beta (you need to buy the full version, then download the beta) supports the HD100.

I'm shooting stuff Sunday for a short on the HD100 and plan on using FCP 5 to edit it natively.

heath
Old September 14th, 2005, 03:17 PM   #80
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus Nilsson
Is it possible to capture 720p24 with Lumiere?
Lumiere HD 2.0 due out in a couple weeks will support HDV 24 from JVC.

Frederic
Frederic Lumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2005, 11:00 PM   #81
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederic Haubrich
Lumiere HD 2.0 due out in a couple weeks will support HDV 24 from JVC.

Frederic
Frederic,

Does Lumiere maintain the original TC? Can I convert to a lower rez proxy for offline and then re-conform later from HDV?
Tim Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2005, 11:22 AM   #82
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Shaw
I'm not aware of any proposal for an HDV camera which records 720p60, so maybe you're thinking of the Panasonic DVCProHD camera?
The JVC GY-HD7000 due out next year will shoot and record 720P60 in a HDV format. There is talk that it may use a higher bandwidth than 19.2Mb to maintain a higher quality. aka ProHD XE
The JVC HD100 records 720P60 to tape at 19.2Mb/sec all the time as a format, but the captured 24P or 30P are embedded with repeat frames. The HD100 will output 720P60 live to the component outputs when in 720P30 mode.
ABC and FOX broadcast 720P60.
Old November 8th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #83
Wrangler

Frederic,

I registered before I purchased. How do I now enter my serial number to get tech support?

Tim
Old November 8th, 2005, 07:50 PM   #84
Major Player

Yeah I need that too, cause I am havingsome problems with the beta version. It won't permit me to enter the name of the file.
Brian Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 07:54 AM   #85
Regular Crew

Chaplinvision JVC 24p

Hi there,

I have searched for threads but with no luck yet...

We have....Captured JVC HDV 24p in Lumiere and transfered over to FCP 5.0 and altough the capture is there it seems to be playing out at 10fps. We have checked all settings.... have I missed something in another thread?

Please enlighten me,

James
DP
Earthmedia Imaging and Film
Mozambique
James Ewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 12:50 PM   #86
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Duke
Yeah I need that too, cause I am havingsome problems with the beta version. It won't permit me to enter the name of the file.
Brian,

You need to register on our forum at:

http://lumierehd.com/forums/

Frederic
Frederic Lumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 12:50 PM   #87
Wrangler

You're using the latest beta? 1.6b2
Old December 22nd, 2005, 12:26 AM   #88
New Boot

Is LumiereHD Necessary with FCP5?

Just curious. I know lumiereHD is supposed to great job of converting HDV to a myriad of file formats, but now that FCP5 is native HDV...is LumiereHD still necessary? That is with an FX1, not anything new like the XLH1.

please advise.
Augie Arredondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 03:17 AM   #89
Major Player

No! Unless you have a JVC HDV Camera
Steve Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 04:21 AM   #90
Major Player

Hey Steve,
I don't supose you know when FCP will fully suport JVC hdv cameras in hdv25p mode? (i have the hd100e). Will it be a maintenance upgrade to FCP5 or will they bring it out in FCP6?

cheers Andy.
Andy Graham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite