DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 7th, 2005, 03:19 PM   #1
Major Player

fcp issues

Hello, can somebody help me with removing the see through picture you get when you are dragging footage to the timeline? It quite often makes it very difficult for me to see where I am going to put my material because of the clip I can see before I put it on the timeline...I am using 4.5HD. There is another question I have when trimming, sometimes I dont want to trim material from the other clip to give it to the other but simply lengthing one side because I decide the inpoint is not good. How do I do this in trimmode?
I would be very handy if I could do this in the timeline. I now you can simply drag on clip and make it longer or shorter but that is only possible in a crude way, to actually see what you are adding like in trim would be great.

director/cameraman

http://www.slingerlandproductions.nl
David Slingerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 01:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

1) You should zoom out to give yourself enough of a veiwing area so that the imported clip does not obscure your work space.
2) Try the slide tool (S) you can pull your footage to the right and add time to the start of the clip, or left, to take it away.
Ian Corey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite