DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Major Player

Windows 7? Quicktime play nice now?

Just curious if out of the box, on the new W7, if web sites that have QT in them (like mine) now play? Or are you still prompted to install stuff.

I'm to old to learn Flash

If this is not in the right place, can bee moved.

Thanks.

Jonathan
Jonathan Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Wrangler

The Quicktime intro on your website home page plays quite nicely on my computer - a Macbook Pro running Windows 7/Bootcamp. Just to make sure, did you apply a filter to your video that makes some of shots seem blown out? That's what I'm seeing. None of the other videos play, I just get a big question mark over the Quicktime logo.

I'd recommend taking a look at DV Kitchen - very simple workflow to help you create Flash video.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Major Player

Michael,

Thanks for spending the time seeing if the videos work.

1) Yes. On the homepage, I did give that video some effects to give it a kind of a dream-y quality. Although some might be my export settings, but that looks pretty close to the original.

2) If you are referring to the videos on my main video page not playing (i.e. big QT ? mark), I don't know why that would be since they were prepared exactly the same way as the home page one. Weird.

3) I'll look into DV Kitchen.

Thanks again.

Jonathan
Jonathan Levin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite