FCP7 treating DVX letterbox as anamorphic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP7 treating DVX letterbox as anamorphic

Just started using FCP7, and its treating my DVX letterbox footage as anamorphic and squeezing it in a standard 720 x 480 seq timeline. Did a test with DVX in normal mode, no letterbox, and FCP7 treated it just fine, so don't know what's happening here. Anyone got any ideas, and/or remedies to fix the anamorphic smack down I'm getting now? Thanks.
Dave Findley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 06:00 AM   #2
Wrangler

Do you have a DVX100 original, A or B? Did you record in letterbox or squeeze? FCP has always been quirky detecting the anamorphic flag of DV.

You can manually turn anamorphic on and off from the anamorphic column in the bin. If you select multiple clips you can right-click in the column and change them all at once.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 06:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

It's a DVX 100B. Problem is if I turn anamorphic off, it squeezes the footage even more. Didn't have this problem with my old copy of FCP, 5.1.4, so all I can figure is that FCP7 is somehow reading the letterboxed footage as anamorphic. If I go to the viewer and canvas and unclick "correct for aspect ratio," so that setting is not checked, then the footage looks right, but when I output back to tape, its still squeezed. Trying to fix it in Mpeg streamclip right now, any ideas welcome.
Dave Findley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite