DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 23rd, 2006, 06:37 AM   #1
New Boot

foreign language versions

I'm in Japan working on a project and was delivered a Japanese language version of Final Cut Pro Studio. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to make it into an English language user interface?
Kathy Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2006, 08:29 AM   #2
ChorizoSmells

Kathy,
I've made my English version into a Japanese version so this should work the other way around.

I went in the System Preferences and Clicked on the International icon. Then I dragged Japanese up to the top of the list, this turned all my menus and my system into Japanese, just reverse it and drag the English to the top and reboot. Now start up FCP and it should be in English along with the rest of your system. At least I hope this works, let me know if it does.

Where in Japan are you? Welcome to DVinfo!
Old February 27th, 2006, 07:37 PM   #3
New Boot

language

Thank you,

That gave me the courage to open the box to install it. It turned turned out that inspite of the fact that the box and all of the documentation was in Japanese, it still installed in English.

Kathy
~ in Hayama (Kanagawa prefecture)
Kathy Nielsen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite