DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 27th, 2006, 04:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Multiclip re-sync problem

I have a four camera multi-clip in perfect sync. At the end of the program, one CO accidently pushes the stop button and the cam is off for two minutes.
So now I have to re-sync that camera from that point. I have tried the "control shift" and drag approach , but it takes forever dragging two minutes this way.

Anyone knows a smarter way?
Kristian Indrehus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 03:20 PM   #2
Trustee

look through two of the clips (one continuous and the segment) for a distinguishing action/sound...set a marker in each and line up based on that marker...it can be anywhere in the clip. Fill the gap with a slug. Export if necessary to make it a solid clip again, but that can add artifacts.
Cole McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #3
Major Player

if the cam is off for 2 minutes, just push that clip 2 minutes ahead.
Otherwise, as the previously mentioned, find a point after the camera was stopped that is distinguishing that you can easily see in one of the other cameras and the one that is out of sync, mark that frame on both and then line the out of sync camera up with the other one.
Andrew Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 01:34 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Khalil
if the cam is off for 2 minutes, just push that clip 2 minutes ahead.
Thatīs the problem. How do I drag the one clip in a "multi-clip (FCP5)", two minutes ahead. I "shift-control-drag" the selected camera in the four-up viewer as explained in the manual. And it works - about 10 frames each time. If I could speed that up, the problem would be solved, but I just canīt figure out how.

I have no problem syncing it. I already have synced the camera in a new layer, but I would like to edit using the multi-clip if possible.
Kristian Indrehus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 07:09 AM   #5
Major Player

To do that, I think you need to re-create or modify the existing multiclip's sync using the multiclip options that you get when creating it.
Andrew Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:50 AM   #6
Trustee

Try this:

After adjusting the clip on a regular timeline to synch with one of the others and adding a slug to fill the gap, cut and paste into a new sequence.

Then use that sequence as the clip in the multi-cam (this is just conjecture at this point).

If that doesn't work, export and re-import at the highest quality you can. I use DV Stream full quality video and audio. Someone here will know better though...they've researched this stuff much more heavily than I have ;)
Cole McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite