Another HD or DV dilemma... - Page 2 at

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old March 25th, 2006, 04:18 PM   #16
I really like B&H - bought my Z1 there plus thousands of dollars of other stuff. If you're ever in New York, their store is a must-see! But don't forget DVinfo's other sponsors:
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #17
Major Player
I'm from OZ, so I don't deal with B&H... (Everyone talk about it in the states, so it muct be good.) But from what a lot of people talk about, the FX1 will ahve limitations. Primarily, in keeping it in pristine condition.

I've bought myself a Sony warranty and that was expensive. And people are happy with that. The Problem is, since the FX1 is a "consumer camera" and the A1 is a "Pro camera" the repairers Sony uses are different. (I've seen shody repairs on a mates FX1, and he complained so hard, he got a replacement with a warranty extention.)

Other people on this site complain about thier Mack warranty. They are great offers, but if you need that camera repaired Asap, its not a good option as people claim.

I'd like to point you to this thread - Its not to tell you that an FX1 is not a good choice, but if you do go ahead with it, its best to know how not to break your camera.
Leo Pepingco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 06:13 AM   #18
Regular Crew
If you switch the lens to manual focus but leave the camera in "AUTO" mode, the camera will still auto-focus.
Well, that's retarded. Useful to know for the future, but a really bad design choice.
Mark Grant is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition