B&H Photo Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old July 1st, 2004, 02:16 AM   #1
Regular Crew

B&H Photo Video

I've received several items from B&H Photo that were defective or not in perfect working condition. From the appearance and packaging of some of these items (which I sent back), it looked as if B&H resold me merchandise that was returned by other customers as unsatisfactory.

Has anyone else experienced something similar with their B&H orders?

Dorothy
Dorothy Engleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2004, 05:17 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Never. I have spent many many thousands with them and have never had a used or defective item sent to me from them. They're not perfect though. Perhaps the item they sent to you was a used or demo item of the item you ordered and someone got careless.
IMO, B&H is still the place to order from.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2004, 05:28 AM   #3
RED Code Chef

If you are worried about your product or service Dorothy, just
give them a call!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2004, 03:34 PM   #4
Contributor

We've spent probably $60,000 or more with B&H in the past 4 or 5 years and have never had a problem. What items did you receive that were defective? And did you call and tell them about it? I had one incident once where I thought they had sent me the wrong model camera because the serial number was different that what I thought it was supposed to be. Turns out I was wrong, but the customer service rep didn't argue at all. She just said ship it back and we'll take care of any problem immediately. Also, everything I've bought from them has arrived either on schedule or a day early, perfectly packaged. They put the manufacturer's box inside another box, so things are double packed, and I've never had anything arrive damaged, even though the outer box may have been smashed in shipping.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2004, 03:49 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I have spent many thousands there and NEVER had a bad experience. In fact, I would say they are almost 100% perfect from my dealings.
Scott Balkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2004, 03:28 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Wow, this sounds like a B&H revival meeting! Nice to hear you're such satisfied customers!! I called Customer Service and B&H generously arranged a refund.

Thanks, guys!

Dorothy
Dorothy Engleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2004, 05:44 PM   #7
Major Player

Yup, I just return it. What pisses me off is that they probably charged the person that returned it a restocking fee and then turned right around and sold it for full price. I usually don't have any trouble, but I don't put up with that crap.

"Good taste is the enemy of creativity" - Picasso

Blog: http://www.tonyhall.name
Tony Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 11:57 AM   #8
Tourist

B&H and Opturs 40

I am also a B&H fan and always check their site before making any purchase. But now I am in quandry. I read the review that Chris wrote concerning the Canon Optura 40 and the Elura 70 and have decided I would like to purchase the Optura 40. But I can't find it for sale at B&H. In fact I can't find it for sale at a couple of other respected sites. Did something happen while I was on a surfing safari here in Baja? Well, if it's not available any ideas from the community for another cam? Without boring everyone whith my wants I think knowing that I am looking at the 40 should help. Thanks all, George Lanning
George Lanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 01:40 PM   #9
Obstreperous Rex

Hi George, welcome to DV Info Net.

Wow, you're right, the Op40 seems to have disappeared from B&H. However I did find it at our sponsor EVS:

http://www.evsonline.com/merchant2/m...roduct_Count=4

And although it's not listed at our sponsor Zotz, I'm sure Brian can get it for you (see sponsors link in my sig). Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2005, 12:32 PM   #10
sponsor: B&H Photo-Video

Re: B&H and Opturs 40

<<<-- Originally posted by George Lanning : I am also a B&H fan and always check their site before making any purchase. But now I am in quandry. I read the review that Chris wrote concerning the Canon Optura 40 and the Elura 70 and have decided I would like to purchase the Optura 40. But I can't find it for sale at B&H. In fact I can't find it for sale at a couple of other respected sites. Did something happen while I was on a surfing safari here in Baja?>>>

The Canon Optura 40 has been discontinued by the manufacturer. If you enter OPTURA in our home page's search window and select "Canon" from "Refine Results" you'll see what's available these days. You'll get both NTSC and PAL models, so read carefully.

Glad you're a "fan!!"
Old March 10th, 2005, 12:44 PM   #11
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks a lot, Henry...

Now that the new Optura 50 and 60 models are out, I have no doubt that you'll sell every last one of those as well! Much appreciated,

Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 03:08 AM   #12
Chimera Lighting

B&H launch airship for city to city tours

Amazing. I would not believe it if I did not see it.
A giant airship with the BH Logo and a store that can go city to city and land in parks or tradeshows.

This is only the first BH blimp and it stocks over 7000 items that can be smart paracheted to your doorstep from the air as it travels across the United States.

Remember you hurd it here first

www.bhairship.com/parachute/GPS

You must know your exact GPS coordinates for BH drop chute orders and you can get your coordinates at the website
I tried it and I found a box right on my lawn. Well really my neighbors roof but I got it. You need to put down a deposit on the "Smartchute" but other that that it is simple.
Henry Posner said they are looking into space ladder technology as well.
"BH gives new meaning to "drop ships" said Posner at a recent meeting with reporters at BH headquarters in NYC. Posner added,"We just perfected the auto return system for the gps units and once we have enough Airships and the Space Ladder we can pick up the units automaticly instead of having them shipped back with the prepaid shipping label."
The dedication of the BH Airship, named "YOSHACOYA"( which is Thank you in Yiddish) was March 31st 2005 at the Brooklyn Ship Yard.

thanks

r
Old April 1st, 2005, 06:30 AM   #13
Trustee

ROTFL!

Richard, that was excellent!

Aaron
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:18 AM   #14
Trustee

dead link...is that the joke??

that's actually a really good idea...gps drop off's from an airship. lol
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:49 PM   #15
Obstreperous Rex

Time for another Blade Runner screening!

Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors