Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 26 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old May 15th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #376
Air China Pilot

Drama schools - film schools - theatre groups.
Old May 15th, 2006, 05:08 PM   #377
Trustee

Local college drama department, local community theaters, craigslist.com
Old May 15th, 2006, 05:54 PM   #378
Trustee

Thanks a bunch!
Old May 15th, 2006, 07:42 PM   #379
Major Player

90 Second Film Idea Needed...

I'm having serious trouble developing an idea for a 90 second film.

I came up with an idea, which looked good on paper, went to the trouble of filming it and edited it together. Trouble is, it just doesn't work. After numerous rewrites, and reedits, I just couldn't sucessfully transform the idea into a good 90 second film. Maybe I'm a perfectionist? Maybe the idea just sucked. Maybe the idea just wasn't suited for the 90 second format. Eitherway, it doesn't really bother me too much, because it was my first attempt at making a short film and I learnt a huge amount along the way.

Now I need a new idea. Actually, I need to develop the idea, film it, edit it and master it within the next week or so. Yes, I know I'm not going to be getting much sleep anytime soon! Sleep is overrated anyway...

Because I don't have my time, I'm very much limited to what I have availible to me. That is:

* Location: I live on a mountain so I have trees, bush, it looks beautiful, etc.
* Actors: teenagers (male & female), 40 year olds, 70-80 year old
* Props: cars, houses (various), musical instruments

I can't think of what else to include in the above list, but you get the idea.

I would love the story to be a [dark] comedy. My original plot was about toilet paper. I'll leave it at that.

If you can offer any words of wisdom, I'd very much appreciate it!

Thanks!

Chris!
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #380
Tourist

I can help you to find some professional camera shooters

Even working as an editor, I have friends witch are professional cameramen, working in Sao Paulo.

If you still need some help, you're free to send me an e-mail...

marceltadeu@terra.com.br

\\
Old May 16th, 2006, 10:52 AM   #381
New Boot

Visting UK in Jul/Aug Anyone need help?

I'm planning a visit to Scotland from the US in Jul/Aug of 06. Wanted to explore possibilties for working with an existing studio, to shoot for a doucmentary/indy/event/wedding camera crew. I'm a seasoned professional with over 20 years experience in the event/wedding video field. Very interested in travel to the UK. Most especially EdinBurgh, Scotland or vacinities.

My dream has been to make my own documentary in the UK, but would like to see it from the inside out...what is it like, working across the pond? I'm very good with people, and play well with others.

Any ideas or offers?

Last edited by Pat Celec; May 17th, 2006 at 09:11 AM.
Old May 17th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #382
New Boot

Motion Graphic Artist Position, Full Time

Position: Motion Graphic Artist
Employer: Information Television Network - www.itvisus.com
Duration: Full Time Employment, starts June 1st, 2006

Information Television Network is a 15 year old production company located in sunny South Florida. We primarily produce award winning programming about major medical and healthcare issues other special projects include interactive media and promotional campaigns.

Must have 5+ years experience as a Motion Graphic Artist, be extremely proficient in After Effects and other software such as Apple- Motion, Particle Illusion, Illustrator, Photoshop. Your responsibility will be to design 2D motion graphics to high broadcast national standards.

Ideal candidates should:

• Have proficiency on the mac platform
• Have strong typography skills
• Have the ability to create a graphic concept as well as take the direction from a team leader.
• Have some 3D knowledge for 2D integration and 3D AE design
• Be able to function in a creative environment
• Have a great attitude and work as part of a team
• Have strong time management skills to meet strict deadlines
• Have a broad range of technical and communication skills
• Have a diverse demo reel which conveys strong creative design with many styles
• Have a solid understanding of the nuances, context and syntax of the English language.
• Have recent experience working full time (on-site) at a multimedia facility

This is an in-house position. No freelancers or remote designers will qualify at this time.

Apply via email to: gfxjob@itvisus.com

Applicants should submit a link to their work for review.

Please do not call for follow up, we will contact you if we need any further information or to request a phone interview.
Old May 17th, 2006, 11:45 PM   #383
Major Player

I guess either everyone else struggles with coming up with good ideas, or those who actually have good ideas want to keep them to themselves!

I have tried looking around the Internet for "stuff", but I couldn't find anything interesting that hasn't already been done to death.

I've also tried the old technique of looking through newspapers to find inspiration, but no luck so far.
Old May 18th, 2006, 07:11 AM   #384
Major Player

I shot a film once about a broom man who stumbles into a forest populated by wheel people, and he eventually was sacrificed on a merry-go-round. Ended up kind of like a dark comedy. The idea came from a list of props I wanted to use in slightly abnormal ways, and then built the story around that.
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:09 AM   #385
Capt. Quirk

How about this- Old guy sitting in his favorite chair, enjoying the quiet sounds of birds chirping, as he reads the morning paper. The quiet is shattered by really bad grunge/death metal being played by kids across the street. The guy gets up, totters out the front door, across the street, and off screen into the garage. Terrible sounds of a huge battle! Various objects fly out! Then suddenly it's quiet again. The old man comes tottering out, and back across the street. As he sits back in his chair, the band across the street starts playing Lawrence Welk type music. The old man smiles and says, "Those are some good boys over there..."
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #386
Tourist

Youth Group Donations

My Youth Group is starting some film work this summer...we have a lot of talent but no equipment. Would anyone be interested in donated equipment..old and new to the cause. We want to produce a 6 part series called The Message. Taking the word GOSPEL as an achronym and making shorts out of each one. i.e. G - God created us to be with Him, O - Our sins separate us from God.

Lighting and Camera Equipment are most important for us to get started.

Scripts are not yet finished, but the concept is strong and we are ready to get started.
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:54 AM   #387
Major Player

Or to take Keith's idea. the old guy walks over (all XCU) after the banging in the garage, has a snarl on his face, the kids look scared. then he plugs in and hits a huge nasty powered chord and they all rock!

or, if you have the house in the woods and stick with the TP theme. the guy walks up to the camp latrine, the roll is empty and he goes off in search of a refill, knocking on doors etc.
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:03 PM   #388
Major Player

How about this -- an old guy goes into Walmart, goes into the dressing stall, and hollers out "Where's the roll!?"
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #389
Trustee

The old guy is a polygamist patriarch.The 40 year olds are his brainwashed wives.He's trying to run the male adolescents off the mountain before they can diddle the young girls (who gramps wants to include in his flock).
The boys revolt, tie gramps up and torture him with loud,hideous, discordant heavy metal guitar riffs. Gramps goes deaf, starts bleeding from the ears, but refuses to die. They hack his body to pieces and celebrate their freedom with a three day alcohol, drug and sex filled orgy.
Several dvinfo neters are present to document the event, and post their reactions.
Bruce Yarock
Old May 18th, 2006, 07:42 PM   #390
Capt. Quirk

That was... sort of disturbing, Bruce. I didn't know you had it in you ;)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands