Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 16 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old March 17th, 2006, 10:31 PM   #226
Wrangler

Need crew for film. Shooting on HD100

Where: Toronto
When: March 24, 25, 26, 27, 2006
Who:
Writer/Director - Jonathan Robbins
DP: Tim Dashwood
Project Info: http://www.mojoprofilms.com/exlover.html

Crew positions still available:
2nd Camera assistant (Clapper/loader)
Camera Assistant for B Camera/DTE capture tech (iMac)
Swing Grips
P.A.s
EPK camera operator (DVX100a)
Behind the Scenes Photographer (Nikon D70 & Pentax iST)

I'm shooting a short film next weekend with at least 2 JVC HD100 cameras (for the big shootout) and possibly a Canon XLH1 for good measure.
The film has a brilliant script... one of the best I've read in a long time. It kind of reminds me of True Romance, with a hint of Pulp Fiction.

I've have filled most of the key positions already with friends who are pros in their field, but we're still looking for some helping hands. If you have experience in specific areas that's great, and if not, maybe you'll learn some new tricks from professionals willing to share them.

If you are only available on one or two of our shoot days, that's fine too. We will have quite a few locations with different needs on different days.

This is a very low budget production, so we are seeking volunteer crew members. However, you will be fed and most locations are very close to TTC stations.

Please email me if you are interested. dvinfo@timdashwood.com

thanks,
Tim
Old March 18th, 2006, 09:46 AM   #227
Wrangler

Need HD100 Owner/Operator for Tonight 3-18-06 in L.A.

Just like the title says, I need an HD100 owner/op for tonight, March 18th in Hollywood. Short gig, about 4 hours. Experience with live events preferable.

Email nate@nateweaver.net ASAP if interested.

Moderators, I'll delete this post myself late afternoon after I have someone.
Old March 18th, 2006, 09:47 AM   #228
Wrangler

Need HD100 Owner/Operator for Tonight 3-18-06 in L.A.

Just like the title says, I need an HD100 owner/op for tonight, March 18th in Hollywood. Short gig, about 4 hours. Experience with live events preferable.

Email nate@nateweaver.net ASAP if interested.

Moderators, I'll delete this post myself late afternoon after I have someone.
Old March 18th, 2006, 11:06 AM   #229
Regular Crew

call me I just email you a small file of my work on live event

Manny (310)498-3248
Old March 18th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #230
Regular Crew

Scottish DV Artists Collaboration Spring 06'

If you have a day or two to spend with our crew, I could use your DV camera talents. Below, I will be glad to tell you a bit about the project. First, I will need some background from you so I can better figure out how best you can help this film project. If you have filmmaking experiences let me know, then I can link you with others on location in Scotland. The next step will be to formulate a plan to proceed at the location filming. I have a script as far as media needed, and interview questions for the specific locations. One collaborator, has DOP film experience, and is presently researching the Aberdeen site. Here is my release; A call for collaboration. I'll look for your reply.
I have an ongoing search to assemble two location DV film crews in Scotland. I have these filming needs to complete a historacle documentary about the Camphill Communities origins. The locations are in Aberdeen at the Newton Dee Camphill and the Blair Drummond Camphill near Stirling. Camphill was begun by Karl Koenig in 1939, along with a small group of refuges escaping the Nazis. The Camphill's were developed as a curative environment for the mentally handicapped that was inclusive, and explored very progressive methods of education and community living. I became interested, here in the States, after visiting the Kimberton Hills community located in Pennsylvania, U.S.A. In 2002, I made a personal visit and filming began then of the Camphill bakery and other programs. That footage, as well as a recient photography session, just completed, have completed the U.S. media necessary for this film. The script for the film developed from that point, and that required the need for the Scottish Camphill history in film. The budget does not exist to pay for my travel to Scotland. So I began using the WWW to locate film collaboration. I have a film collaborator from Cumbernauld, her name is Vicky Bodane. She says she is 20 min. between Glasgow and Stirling. Does her name ring a bell? Vicky has offered to help with narration and a possible musicians interview at FM Clyde 1 in Glasgow. Two Scottish musicians have also given me a positive interest in song offerings and I'm trying to book them on the "Live Sessions" for an acoustic set. I'd like to make available some promotion for them, for their help in the film. Perhaps you have heard of them? Kate Cassidy (I believe she is from Glasgow) and David Leonard of Spokers Loan. Kate is well known throughout Scotland, and Europe. She has such a beautiful voice, mostly used in rock venue. I've asked her for some lighter acoustic numbers to be considered for the opening film scenes in Aberdeen. David has done the folk scene there in Scotland. I will be using his number called; " We've got everything we need" from his album. I'm also looking for a crew to film their casual musical duet jamming, and a film shoot at that radio station "sessions" venue if it jells. Get back soon, I'd like to firm up the location crews to begin as weather warms up.
Adios for now,
Christo Aaron
HeyokaFilms@aol.com
Old March 18th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #231
Regular Crew

I have two voice narrators who live in Scotland...

Hello Spike,
I'm working with two wonderful people in Scotland at the present. Tell me more about what you are looking for as far as languages etc.
Adios,
Christo
Old March 18th, 2006, 11:30 AM   #232
Inner Circle

Are you looking for a male or female voice? (or both?)
Old March 18th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #233
Wrangler

Sorry Nate,

I didn't realize you had cross posted over here until I had moved and left a redirect in the HD100 forum. I figured you would get more views that way, but you were already one step ahead of me.

The redirect is still in the HD100 forum.

Tim
Old March 18th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #234
Regular Crew

Aberdeen and Stirling Locations in Scotland spring 06'

Hello Quinn,
Have DV will travel? I have two locations that are eager to find a second DV camera person. This is a non profit documentary to be released in the States. If you would work for credit in film and copy of DVD, we could use your help. See my other posts, (collaborator call), for more on film info.
Adios,
Christo
Old March 18th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #235
Regular Crew

Live footage needed to sync to film

Hello Gary,
Would you shoot about five miutes of DV in a Vancouver night club? Preformer has composition in film, I need live film of him preforming, to sync to film footage.
Cheers,
Christo
Old March 18th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #236
Major Player

hello, we are looking for either a male or female voice. Anything that sounds natural and emits a true documentary style tone. Please send any working sample to the given email and we will respond. Thank you very much for your time.
Old March 19th, 2006, 11:10 AM   #237
Regular Crew

Hi Tim

Email has been sent

Pete Mander
Old March 19th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #238
Major Player

Portland, Oregon?

I am posting this again in the hope that there might be some new members since I last did. I am looking for a general production partner. Someone interested in narrative film, short form or long, for festivals.

Particularly someone who is aware of the constraints of micro budget movie making. Too many people I talk to want to make the next matrix and think they can do it with their HandyCam.

Actually, anyone at all who is interested in film in the city, let me know. I'd like to start a project soon, and I can't do casting alone. I'd just look creepy.

DJ
Old March 20th, 2006, 02:53 PM   #239
Regular Crew

Hi DJ,

If you'd like to drop me an email, I do low, low-budget film-making here Portland. I also used to work at a local casting company. I can't guarantee we'll be a good match but check some of my links, see what I do and drop me a line.

Joe
Old March 20th, 2006, 05:58 PM   #240
Regular Crew

Need Z1U (or other HDV) Operator w/ Camera

Hey,

I'm looking for someone who would be interested in helping out for a few days at the end of this week (1 evening, 2 days, 1 morning). I'm shooting an event and looking to have a couple people ready to go. I have a Sony Z1U and am looking for someone with same or similar who is looking add some footage to their reel. Clearance for the event is up in the air so the project is as well... I'm hoping to hear tomorrow.

Credit/meals for anyone who wishes to help out. I'll supply tape stock.

mg
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands