Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old February 1st, 2006, 05:47 PM   #91

XL2 rental in Vancouver?

Does anyone know where I can rent a Canon XL2 in Vancouver. Might also be interested in the Mini35 adapter if anyone knows a good/cheap rental house. Anyone?

Old February 1st, 2006, 07:59 PM   #92
Inner Circle

Due to the rules here, I'm gonna have to send you the link of the company via e-mail.
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:18 PM   #93
Major Player

Magic Bullet Helper Needed

Hey ,I am a filmmaker from Toronto. I shoot XL2.

I recently came back from a shoot, and one of my shots needed steadying. I applied a Steadymove filter to the shot and, unfortunatly, the nice 24p look of the shot (non advanced mode) is gone due to this effect. I was wondering if someone would be able to run this shot through magic Bullet for me (I am still saving up) for credit in the film. It's a short shot, only a few seconds. I can arrange to transfer you the full DV file (only a few megs), and you can give me credit info. Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:44 PM   #94

Thanks Jack. Yea, i had found them prevouisally. Kinda out of my price range. Have any other suggestions. Or anyone else for that matter. Still searching. Theres gotta be something else.

Old February 2nd, 2006, 12:10 AM   #95
Trustee

uh scratch that I guess...
Old February 2nd, 2006, 03:04 AM   #96
Regular Crew

Hawaii Beyond Paradise

Theres a new show being produced right now on Oahu. Hawaii Beyond Paradise. We are currently looking for cameramen and reporters (from hawaii). Anyone interested please contact me at the following.

Gregory Doi
Producer/Director
hawaiimedia@hawaii.rr.com
www.hawaiibeyondparadise.com
Old February 2nd, 2006, 06:56 AM   #97
Regular Crew

I can magic bullet it for you-- but the underlying question is why does the shot not "look" 24p anymore? Magic bullet is only going to help if you are feeding it 30i or 25i footage. If you're feeding it 24p footage that doesn't "look" 24p anymore, that is a different issue. Perhaps you want to test a different post method of shot stabilizing first.

If you still want me to magic bullet it, just let me know. you can email me through the forum's "email this member" feature. (I don't have much time to browse nowadays, so i may not see any replies here)
Old February 2nd, 2006, 11:23 AM   #98
Major Player

Anyone here in Vancouver? List of help

Hi there!

Anyone in Vancouver?

I'm making some instructional videos and could use help in:

Production (perhaps two HDV or DVX100's would be great).
Post production (DV effects, DVD authoring).

On a long shot, marketing.....

Best,

Ron
audio90@shaw.caNOSPAM
Old February 2nd, 2006, 12:12 PM   #99
New Boot

I think I have what your looking for. http://www.guerillarentals.com Would love to help you out.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 01:24 PM   #100
Major Player

www.vistek.ca
Old February 2nd, 2006, 01:51 PM   #101
New Boot

My website needs a little fine tune...

Hey,

I want to update the About Us section of my rental companies website (http://www.guerillarentals.com/about_us.php, and would love to hear anyones suggestions on how to beef it up, make it sound more professional.

Heres what I have so far:

"Guerilla Rentals is located in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our equipment rentals can be shipped anywheres in Canada, and the United States.
We are focused on providing independant filmmakers with low cost rentals and products that deliver the highest quality results - from concept to delivery.
That’s why we rent items like HDV 24p cameras and the Mini35 adapter that combine to make your footage look like a true 35mm image.
Please call us at (778)-231-8770 or email rentals@guerillrentals.com, to schedule your next rental."

Anybody, with anything. Would love to hear all your comments/suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Cody
www.guerillarentals.com
Old February 2nd, 2006, 02:11 PM   #102
Air China Pilot

You might want to start by editing that hyperlink you have in your post. It doesn't work. Anyway, on your about page: http://www.guerillarentals.com/about_us.php

I would shift the order of your paragraphs so that your 'theme' statement comes first.

Quote:
We focus on providing independent ... ("independant" should be "independent" btw)

That’s why we rent ...

Guerilla Rentals is located in ...
The other things that people want to know "About us" is how long you may have been in business. What specific expertise you have to offer. What your backgrounds are. This is to give people the warm fuzzies. Then more specifics like what your turnaround time is. What timezone you are located in so they know when to call you. What couriers you use.

I wouldn't make it much more than what you already have. Four small paragraphs is decent.

I like your site design. It's clean.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 06:29 PM   #103
Major Player

Where to find crew?

Is there a website that is specifically for finding crew?
Old February 2nd, 2006, 06:48 PM   #104
Capt. Quirk

This is one place, and www.Mandy.com is another good place to post. Or, if you are deranged, shooting a new TV pilot or Film, expect highly skilled crew who can shoot, light, and edit- all for free- there is www.Craigslist.com .
Old February 2nd, 2006, 06:50 PM   #105
New Boot

You could also try http://www.productionhub.com or http://www.la411.com (although I suspect that last one may be less use to you)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands