Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:08 AM   #106
Regular Crew

When in Rome......

If anyone gets into the NW GA area and needs an extra pair of hands, I'm in Rome.

Randy
Old February 3rd, 2006, 04:15 AM   #107
Major Player

I worked for over a year, as a web designer and photographer, on these three websites:
http://shop2.mms.com/merchandise/index.asp
http://www.ethelm.com/
http://www.ethelschocolate.com/

I left to do freelance video work.
The most recent site I was paid for was:
http://www.randrvegas.com/

What is your budget. I'm sure I can accommodate your needs.
I can also offer you free hosting for a couple months if you need it.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 06:15 AM   #108
Regular Crew

impressive site

Bryan,

That is a nice site you have built. I thought I could fit a couple hundred into my budget to get a website up. It has already taken $1000 more than I had planned on for my equipment, and there are still things more mandatory to buy before I pay for a site. I am going to have to read and figure out how do one myself because I just don't have it to spend. It may look like a microsoft word document but there isn't much I can do about it. Thanks for the offer. I may look you up in six months or so, but for now I will have to throw something simple up myself. Lowell has a few nice sites as well, but like I said I just can't budget it in for now.

Anyone else reading this...I'm no longer in the market.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 06:43 AM   #109
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Mielke
Hey,

I want to update the About Us section of my rental companies website (http://www.guerillarentals.com/about_us.php, and would love to hear anyones suggestions on how to beef it up, make it sound more professional.

Heres what I have so far:

"Guerilla Rentals is located in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our equipment rentals can be shipped anywheres in Canada, and the United States.
We are focused on providing independant filmmakers with low cost rentals and products that deliver the highest quality results - from concept to delivery.
That’s why we rent items like HDV 24p cameras and the Mini35 adapter that combine to make your footage look like a true 35mm image.
Please call us at (778)-231-8770 or email rentals@guerillrentals.com, to schedule your next rental."

Anybody, with anything. Would love to hear all your comments/suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Cody
www.guerillarentals.com
With grammar and spelling suggestions only:

Guerilla Rentals is located in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our equipment rentals can be shipped anywhere in Canada or the United States.
We are focused on providing independent filmmakers with low cost rentals and products that deliver the highest quality results - from concept to delivery.
That’s why we rent items like HDV 24p cameras and the Mini35 adapter that combine to make your footage look like a true 35mm image.
Please call us at (778)-231-8770 or email rentals@guerillrentals.com to schedule your next rental.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 11:32 AM   #110
Regular Crew

Hi,

I sent you an e-mail. Please reply.

Thanks,

Ed
ed@highlydef.com
Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:36 PM   #111
Skyonic New York

experienced wedding shooter NY

looking for experienced wedding shooter in NY for April 29, must have two cameras(its a one camera shoot, one for backup), car, wireless mic...

pay rate is $650

send me an email...by clicking on my name
Old February 3rd, 2006, 06:31 PM   #112
Major Player

2nd unit work

Hi all,

I'm posting this here because it is camera specific.

I will be shooting a feature in the very near future in the Los Angeles area, (mainly Long Beach) on an XL-H1 and we are in need of a 2nd unit DP. You would be working with a seperate 2nd unit director doing mostly special effects work. It is a zombie movie with a lot of special effects, old school fangoria stuff so we need a skeleton crew that can spend all day shooting severed hands scurrying up the wall and the like while the 1st unit moves on to other scenes.
There is pay but the budget for 2nd unit is very low so it's minimal. It is the director's 3rd feature and it is also my 3rd feature, first with him. The producers are experienced and the film has already been sold to a well known distributor for wide video release. There would likely be about 8-9 days work for the 2nd unit.
Owning an XL-H1 would be a major bonus but at least some experience with XL2's is required.
I am going to be holding interviews for the position wednesday and friday in Hollywood.
I am also in need of 3 camera operators for a concert dvd being shot on Feb 19 at the Key Club in Hollywood for Relapse Records.
More and more often I have been needing extra camera ops so work would likely be ongoing.
Incidentally the director of the feature is interviewing for PA's and other help on set next week and i'd be curious to meet some skilled gaffers out there for when my regular crew isn't available.

Send me a note to Trephine001@aol.com if interested.
let me know your experience level and what equipment you have worked with/owned if you have a link to any work that would be great but if not a dvd reel would be fine to be watched during our meeting.

-Jon
Old February 3rd, 2006, 06:46 PM   #113

Hey Ron... i'd like to help out with post production, i'm able to do DVD authoring and graphics....

Chris

Old February 3rd, 2006, 06:57 PM   #114
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Bickford
I'm posting this here because it is camera specific.
Jon: I've removed your duplicate thread. Please do not cross-post - it's against DVinfo policy. Thanks for your cooperation.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 10:26 PM   #115
Wrangler

Jon,
Not to pile on and pick on you, as I understand your desire to put this thread in the XL-H1 forum. But the XL-H1 forum is for posts ABOUT the XL-H1, and your post is ABOUT looking for a "helping hand" so I'm moving it to that forum. It'll get good viz there, no worries.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 11:02 PM   #116
Major Player

sheesh, seeing as not that many good job offers come around on here i'd think you guys would be happy to see one.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 11:09 PM   #117
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Bickford
sheesh, seeing as not that many good job offers come around on here i'd think you guys would be happy to see one.
Well, we certainly are Jon. The problem with cross posting is that the conversation gets hard to follow. That's why we make everything flow into one place, and hopefully the best place for desired visibility. Can you imagine what a nightmare it would become if people listed items for sale in several forums as opposed to Private Classifieds? You'd go nuts trying to follow what has and hasn't been sold or had offers on.

Hey, we know your heart was in the right place and thanks again for trying to help out your fellow DV-INFO members with legitimate employment opportunites. I too, would like to see more good job offers show up here.

-gb-
Old February 5th, 2006, 01:10 PM   #118

Props

Cody,

Thanks so much for replying to my post, and letting me know you hade the XL2.

Your service was far beyond what I expected, and Imagined. Your equipment was in immaculate shape, and you adherred to me in any way you could.

To sum it up, It was a real pleasure renting from you, your prices are unbeatable, and I will definitely be back.

Without you I would not have been able to complete my assignment.

Thanks again, I cant say it enough. I will for sure be telling all my friends about Guerilla Rentals.

See you tommorow when I return the XL2, and Mini35.

Cheers and Props
Travis Kleinfelder.

Old February 6th, 2006, 05:24 PM   #119
Regular Crew

Hey Eric,

I am a college student hoping to go into Cinema or TV, and right now I am taking a Field Productions video class at sierra college. As part of the requirements of the class, I need volunteer hours on a field shoot, so if you need any help I would be happy to assist you. All I would need from you is your signature a paper saying I helped you out for X number of hours. You can email me reafsnyder at hotmail.com
Old February 6th, 2006, 10:54 PM   #120
Regular Crew

Production Help / Cast Wanted in KC

Hey There-
I will be working on a short film in late March/ early April here in Kansas City. The movie requires a one location/ one day shoot. I am looking for anyone in the area that would be interested in helping out either behind or in front of the camera.
I do not have specifics as of yet... it is depending on the exact date/time I can get the location. I just wanted to throw this out and see if there was any response for this here. More specifics to follow.

Thanks
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands