Helping Hands from 2003 - Page 14 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 6th, 2003, 05:58 AM   #196
Capt. Quirk

Florida crew- Interested?

Hello Floridians! I am looking to make a feature length film soon. As of now, it is in the earliest stages of pre-production. At this point, I would like to find out who is interested in joining this venture. I am but one man... I COULD do it myself, but that would be foolish.

THIS IS A LOW BUDGET PRODUCTION! I would like to see that everyone gets the rate they deserve... However, the only thing I can promise, is that you will at least break even. On top of this, you will recieve FULL CREDITS, a copy for yourself, and I will feed you.

I am looking for people with any and all experience levels. If you are interested, please use the e-mail link below, and use PRODUCTION in the subject line. Please include experience, interests, and equipment. I will contact you and give you more details.

Thanks
Old August 6th, 2003, 09:06 PM   #197
Major Player

I'm in Chicago, but often work in Detroit....

jhart3@hotmail.com
Old August 7th, 2003, 08:23 PM   #198
Inner Circle

welcome bob, just life it seems. there is at least one more person who live in Hialeah who wants to join us too. Maybe in a couple of weeks just to see who shows up?

Dan has some interesting ideas about making and marketing music videos.
Old August 8th, 2003, 06:54 AM   #199
Capt. Quirk

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

Seriously... is there nobody in Florida that would be interested in lending their experience to an indi project? I could really use some help with lighting, sound, and other aspects that are involved.
Old August 8th, 2003, 11:37 AM   #200
New Boot

Hi Keith. I saw your post the other day and wanted to respond, but couldn't because I had to take care of a few things first. The most important question from me to you is - Where are you going to shoot? By your location? - Melbourne/Palm Bay? Or elsewhere? I'm in Hialeah, FL.

Right now I'm talking with Joe about a get together. I really want to meet up with him and talk for a while about ideas and stories. I have a Panasonic AG-DVX100, tripod, dolly, mic, and very cheap halogen lights.

I was hoping to know a bit more about this project of yours. The story, actors, ect... I haven't shot anything as a "pro" so to speak, but if I can help... I'll try!
Old August 8th, 2003, 11:43 AM   #201
Capt. Quirk

Mike- Thanks for responding. As of now, the only location I have set is in Holopaw, about halfway between Kissimee and Palm Bay on 1-92. As for the rest, it will likely be in Palm Bay, Melbourne, and closer by. I don't have the time to go all over the state looking for locations.

If you are still interested, use the e-mail link below this post, and use PRODUCTION as the subject. I'll e-mail you the rest of the details.
Old August 8th, 2003, 11:49 AM   #202
New Boot

Sorry Keith, but that is a bit away from me. I was hoping it was closer. I just got my driver's license and must really get oriented with highways, intersections, directions in general. lol.

I wish you much luck on your project! Keep us updated and post a clip or something when you finish!
Old August 8th, 2003, 12:20 PM   #203
Capt. Quirk

That's ok Michael, I understand. I'll definately post a trailer when I get that far. Thanks :)
Old August 11th, 2003, 03:00 PM   #204
Regular Crew

San Diego anyone?

I live in San Diego..and I'm pretty new to filming in general and if anyone ever needs a 2nd camera I would be willing to film for free..the expierience is all I'm looking for. I use a Canon GL2.
bkatran@cox.net
Old August 12th, 2003, 07:58 AM   #205
Regular Crew

Shooter Needed In Los Angeles

Hello,

I am Pepi Singh Khara (producer/director) of "Far from India", feature film that has already had one test screening to 800 people with resounding success (www.frederickfilms.com). As per an audience survey, we are tweaking the film and need a shooter to film one of our lead actors who now lives in the UCLA area of Los Angeles. We'll pay $100 for a 1/3 day's work..... he/she will need to use his/her own Panasonic AG DVX 100 in 24P mode and record "clean" sound into camera (all in a controlled environment). We need this work done asap so please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Pepi Singh Khara
Ph: 301 831 4800
www.frederickfilms.com
Old August 13th, 2003, 07:43 AM   #206
Contributor

Narration and on-screen talent

I've never done a project requiring professional narration or on-screen talent. Could someone give me a rough idea of what kind of rates I should expect in the Chicago area (or any other large city). I've got a client waiting for an answer, and I admit I was caught off guard by their request (my clients normally use their own staff members for training videos).

THANKS!
Old August 13th, 2003, 10:10 AM   #207
Major Player

Depends! Love those answers, huh?

My son has only worked one job that paid hourly, and I can't remember how much he got paid. His daily rate has never been less than $100. Of course, many others can command much more. Especially if they have to be AFTRA or SAG.

In the meantime, I'll call his agent and ask her.
Old August 13th, 2003, 10:31 AM   #208
Air China Pilot

Use your Yellow Pages, my friend. Call up likely agencies and present your project needs.

It depends upon the talent, the amount of recording, who *you* are with rates widely variable.

Call around and get quotes. My experience is there is no standard rate.
Old August 13th, 2003, 01:44 PM   #209
New Boot

Florida talent available for work....

I hope this is the right place to post this...(Chris, let me know)

The Florida Talent Database (non-profit) has recently opened and has several male and female talent listings who are eager to work. Union and non-union talent available.

There is also a board for Audition notices (also free) where you can post your audition notices.

Follow this link: http://linkgen.net/class

Thanks.....
Old August 13th, 2003, 06:30 PM   #210
Wrangler

Still looking for someone, folks. Anyone live in the area?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands