Helping Hands from 2003 - Page 21 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old September 12th, 2003, 04:37 PM   #301
Wrangler

The exhibition management have not defined the number of seminars at 3. Two of them are to be given by people who have ties to other video production houses and are expected to not want their mugs in my productions.

so much for their grand plans.

Thanks to all who responded. Perhaps when the show is repeated a few time, the seminar list will grow and become worthwhile to tape.
Old September 14th, 2003, 09:21 PM   #302
Regular Crew

PT shooter PT boom op. Buenos Aires 10/03

If you are located in Buenos Aires or can get there on your own power read on:

San Francisco group of Artists going to Buenos Aires to make a strange feature in collaboration with Argentine artists/interests.

Need a cameraperson who can also fill in on boom. I have equipement, but extreme familarity of the manual settings of GL2 required. Picky look.

Work load would be very part time but continuous...Filmmaker will be there for entire month; any time would be fine after the 8th.

Only room for one more person in the house, so they must count. Travel experience, Spanish experience ++

I can get crew in BA...but wanted to extend the opportunity to DVinfo personas...we are going to have fun.
Old September 14th, 2003, 10:39 PM   #303
Air China Pilot

It sounds really enticing Kat but alas I am stuck here all that time.

Buenos Airies.. oooo
Old September 14th, 2003, 10:53 PM   #304
Regular Crew

cut it out...you know Vancouver is the most glamorous place of all!

Need a bolt cutter?
Old September 14th, 2003, 11:40 PM   #305
Air China Pilot

A financial bolt cutter, sure...
Old September 18th, 2003, 12:17 PM   #306
Regular Crew

I Need A Job

I'm in a broadcast journalism college program and I'm required to find an internship. I have no desire to work on the evening news in front of the camera or behind-the-scenes, but I am interested in radio/television documentaries and filmmaking.

I'm still pretty naive when it comes to 'the biz' and I'm only starting to realize what kind of job opportunties exist within this industry.

I live just outside of Toronto so I guess that's a good start, but what kind of job opportunties exist for a twentysomething still in school with a not so impressive demo reel.

I know that there are small groups that focus on things like commericals and music videos, but what else is there?

Any suggestions for web sites or magazines I should subscribe to?

Any thoughts about the adult video industry?

I'm not kidding. In fact, two of my classmates were offered jobs doing video stuff for a Toronto adult video company. They were shooting some event for a class project and they were offered a job by someone who was impressed with them. I really wish I had been with them.

I know this is a loaded question, but I could really use some help in figuring my options.
Old September 18th, 2003, 09:14 PM   #307
Wrangler

Go talk to the local film commission. With as many film and television projects that are shot in Canada, you should be able to find a production that would allow you to do a behind the scenes documentary. Those look to be fun and you can learn a lot as well as make some very great contacts.

Had you asked this question one year ago, I'd have introduced you to Joe Carnahan who directed 'Narc' in Toronto. You might also bounce around some of the production company web sites and see what they might mention what current projects are underway.

You can always emulate the buzzard in the cartoon who turns to a companion and says, in effect, "I'm tired of waiting, I'm going to go kill something!" Assign yourself a project if the school will allow you to do so. Then go do it.

I was allowed to do this during a cinema course. Instead of working throught their curriculum, I obtained permisison to do a couple of public service videos. I chose missing children as a subject as a well-publicized abduction had just occured in my town.

The police department made a big thing about the video and held a large press conference. The video ended up on national broadcast news, and that introduction to the local police department brought me my first contract, creating a 100 year anniversary video for the department.

Oh, yea, and I ended up working for the college for a while and am now under annual contract to tape acting classes. And they just hired me to do a television commercial for an upcoming play.

All because I did a 14 minute video. It wasn't great by my standards today. But it did the job in many ways.
Old September 19th, 2003, 10:05 AM   #308
Regular Crew

shooter& gear for NYC

Hi,
if you havent had success with connecting with shooters for the NYC job, I/m interested.
I'm currently located about 160 miles north of the city, upstate, but would have no problem with your location.
I have a full production studio in a mobile unit which includes 2 XL1S, lighting sound, and all supporting gear. editing on mac with adobe premeire 6, or final cut pro.
I would be interested in the full use of my gear or just as a shooter.
If your interested, please email me back at tvcam@adelphia.net, and I'l shoot you my phone # and w'ell talk.
thanks, Krazy Eddie
Old September 19th, 2003, 12:01 PM   #309
Regular Crew

NJ/NY Forming a small crew

If you are interested in participating in a short film (DV) production. Please respond. Shooting begins in November; three locations, two in Jersey City and one in North Bergen. The story deals with a fictional serial killer, and I'm looking to put together a small crew of gaffers, sound and grip. Join me in this interesting project. There is no pay involved and you are welcomed to bring your own equipment. Please contact me here for more detail or email me at a.aguilar8@verizon.net
Old September 22nd, 2003, 02:10 PM   #310
Tourist

Need video shoot of office and manufacturing area in Beloit, WI

Looking for 1 video person with shooting experience to shoot company offices in Beloit, WI for our client.

We are talking about 8 rooms and a large manufacturing open area. The footage will be used at a later date with voice over.

You must have a 3CCD camera. No audio necessary. Think of it as a "virtual tour" project without audio and editing.

If you are willing to commute but require compensation please list that as well.

Please respond to modage@comcast.net with rates, samples of work (website if avail), references (if avail) and availability.

If you have any question please email.

Please disregard this message if you are reading after 10/1/03

Thank you!
Old September 26th, 2003, 01:55 PM   #311
New Boot

Looking for a Seattle-based videographer

My company needs to shoot a short interview with a textbook author for an upcoming multimedia project (CD-ROM delivery). Normally it would be my responsibility, but time and budgetary contraints make it unlikely I will be able to do the work. So I'm looking for some help.

This would be a single day's work and would require some local travel. You would coordinate on-site with another representative from my company who would oversee the session and make sure we got the content we needed.

This shoot would require a standard lighting setup and a lavalier for audio; no props are likely to be required. The actual shoot should take no more than an hour, and the raw footage would be sent directly to me without editing.

This would most likely need to happen the week of October 13. I'm afraid I don't have many more specifics right now, as this has come up rather suddenly.

If you're interested in this job, whether you have questions or would like to offer a tentative bid, please reply here or contact me directly at dan_wiencek@mcgraw-hill.com. If you aren't interested in the job yourself but know someone who might be, please forward their contact information to me. I will be out of the office all next week, but I will answer all inquiries on my return.

Thanks very much.

Dan Wiencek
McGraw-Hill Advertising
dan_wiencek@mcgraw-hill.com
Old September 27th, 2003, 09:39 PM   #312
Regular Crew

good resource for jobs

http://www.craigslist.org/
Old September 28th, 2003, 06:24 PM   #313
Regular Crew

live in Michigan or Pennslyvania & want to help make a music video (perhaps for MTV2)

We are currently talking to a band about shooting a video for MTV2 and need a gaffer (peferably with a lighting kit) with experience and also anyone that has experience with film (who perhaps owns their own package)to be a dp. if you have any experiece with music videos or anything of that sorts or know anyone email me at alfredbot9000@yahoo.com
Old October 2nd, 2003, 02:44 AM   #314
Regular Crew

Any San Francisco shooters with an HD10U for hire?

My husband and I were hired to do an HD shoot near SF in about a month or so. We just got the camera and realized that this is going to be much more difficult than we realized (this is a fussy camera...). If any of you are interested in shooting with us, toss me an email and I will give the details.

trusselle21@hotmail.com
Old October 2nd, 2003, 12:24 PM   #315
Major Player

Lisa, I am in the Bay Area, but I'm not sure I would want to do a paid shoot using this camera. For me it doesn't have the accuracy of controls to guarantee anything to a paying customer (but neither do most prosumer DV cams), so I don't think I'd feel comfortable with that. Maybe you should consider a higher end HD camera rental if you have a paying customer looking for HD. Don't get me wrong, I think this camera is capable of producing extremely high quality images, but that requires carefully managed lighting situations and a lot of practice with the camera.

Cheers

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands