Helping Hands from 2003 - Page 24 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old October 23rd, 2003, 08:40 AM   #346
New Boot

Hello Bryan. My name is Roy Verges, and I'm an editor using
Premiere 6.5 (PC platform).

Please let me know if you need any editing done.

I also do some audio when time allows.

If you like, you can email me at rverges@dentonisd.org.
Old October 25th, 2003, 12:25 AM   #347
New Boot

What a coincidence. I have a friend who is an excellent shooter who just moved to Barcelona with his family a couple of weeks ago. Let me know if you're still interested and I'll see if I can find out his new email address.
Old October 25th, 2003, 06:04 AM   #348
New Boot

Thanks Peter ... but we just contracted someone there on Thursday.

Bill
Old October 26th, 2003, 11:57 AM   #349
Regular Crew

Cinematographer Needed

Hi everyone,

I'll be shooting a feature indie film in May 2004 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I'm currently looking for a cinematographer who knows what they are doing with the camera. The film will be shot with Panasonic DVX 100 or Canon XL1S. My goal is going to be to make the film look
"film like". If any of you are serious about it and are intrested, email me for more details.

IMPORTANT: please also note that this is low-budget film, we are putting money from our own pockets, thats why we can't afford to pay anyone, all our actors and another crew are doing this for free. This is a film that we will be entering for film festivals. We want to get out there and have lots of fun with the filming cause thats the most important thing. If any of you want to gain more experience, get more credit, and maybe get recognized at festivals and have some fun, then email me if your serious about it for more details.

Yes we will provide, shelter and food, and entertainment.

Old October 28th, 2003, 09:55 AM   #350
Major Player

Seeking GL2 Rental

I am looking to rent a GL1/GL2 for two weeks in July 2004 for a wedding project.

I have an XL1S that I will be using the GL for coverage shots. This is a NON-COMMERCIAL, NON-Paying gig that I am doing.

Your camera will be cared for and taken care of and insured by me.

Thanks in advance.

AREA: NEW YORK CITY

Cheers!

Derrick
Old November 10th, 2003, 02:12 AM   #351
Tourist

Bryan,
All depends on what you need and the time commitment.
I enjoy edit work as well as shooting DV. You can reach me at markrad@charter.com
I'm in the metroplex.

Mark
Old November 10th, 2003, 02:18 AM   #352
Regular Crew

Contact me for free help! (San Diego)

I'm located in San Diego, CA. If you're filming and need an extra hand, shoot me an email! BTW I am a total newbie that would like some exposure to the filming world. Please no lame tasks like getting people food and bringing coffee. I want something valuable so I can ->LEARN<-
Old November 10th, 2003, 04:06 PM   #353

What you got??

Old November 10th, 2003, 11:56 PM   #354

I live on the north side of Chicago in Andersonville.

I do Indie films and I have a rig if you are still out there email or post reply.

Tom

Old November 11th, 2003, 12:11 PM   #355
Tourist

DP w/ AGDVX-100 sought for Short Film

First off there is no pay or rental fee, so if that's not your thing, I apologize, but that's the way it is.

I am a member of Group 101 Films(www.group101films.com), a short film collective, and am looking for a DP with the AGDVX-100 for my latest short here in Los Angeles.

The story is about a young man facing personal crises during a night on magic mushrooms.

Planning three night shoot on and around Dec 8th; using full-moon light for exterior night shots.

One of my shorts aired on AMC for their Monster Fest this past Halloween.

If interested, I will forward you the script and we can discuss the project.

Best,

Andrew

monkeygolucky@yahoo.com
Old November 12th, 2003, 01:50 AM   #356
Major Player

So when does the next one get under way?
Old November 13th, 2003, 09:21 AM   #357
Major Player

At the risk of sounding like an ass, I gotta say that's not the best attitude.

If you truely are a newbie and are looking for exposure you're best bet is to get yourself on a set doing whatever you can. Just being there and seeing how it all comes together is invaluable, even if you are handing coffee to everyone. You can learn by observing and asking questions. Refusing to do some basic newbie PA responsiblilities, you're putting a chip on your shoulder which may deter a crew from considering you one of the team and since filmmaking is a team sport and all about collaberation, I doubt you'll learn as quickly as you like.
Old November 14th, 2003, 03:38 PM   #358
Regular Crew

Videographer Available in Madison, WI

Just letting everyone know if you are looking for a videographer or an extra cameraman in the Madison Wisconsin area please let me know, I am dying to do some real work! I have a GL2, Vegas video 4 for editing as well as a lot of other things at my disposal. I have a degree in Radio and TV boradcasting from the Madison Media Institute and a lot of experience. Feel free to contact me at Jason@jcmediaservices.com for more information. I have VERY reasonable rates, probably a steal for most people!

www.jcmediaservices.com
www.kickbacktracks.com
Royalty Free Video Production Loops!
Old November 15th, 2003, 12:59 PM   #359
Regular Crew

Need GL2 videographer in Triangle area of NC

I am beginning production planning for an indie short (but well organized!) to be shot in Raleigh and Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Photography will happen in January through March 2004 (but only weekends or evenings) I want to shoot several scenes with a two-camera setup - I have to have a GL2 (or maybe XL1) to match my GL2 without a lot of screwing around. If you are experienced or interested in learning please contact me via jim @ turnipvideo.com. You can also check out my web site, www.turnipvideo.com. Thanks.
Old November 17th, 2003, 01:57 AM   #360
Regular Crew

Mark, you're absolutely correct...
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands