Need Help: Strange Capture results at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old April 3rd, 2006, 02:43 PM   #1
New Boot

Need Help: Strange Capture results

I've done some video capture using CapDVHS. This is being done on a laptop P4 M 2.2 1GB Ram to an external 7200RPM Hard drive via Daisy chained firewire enclosure, HD->DVD->Camcorder.

The odd thing is I get different playback results depending on the video player software being used. Playback using Media Player 10 is fine at certain sizes, video looks good, however, on Media Player Classic and VLC it looks odd.

The first oddity I encounter is time, the video looks to play back in slow motion in some sections and in others it speeds up? Strange thing is it plays back in Media Player fine.

Then if I change the size of the video window to a non standard size, I get a wavy look to the video, similar to the interlaced artifacts when the subjects are moving but it looks different.

Is this normal video behavior? Is it a bad capture? Does it have to do with how the video is being played back? If an editor is used, will those strange playback issue make it to the final cut?

Mark
Mark Hoff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions