Another way to HD from DV - Teranex at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old April 2nd, 2006, 12:57 PM   #1
Major Player

Another way to HD from DV - Teranex

I recently came across the Teranex web site and was interested in their format convertors. This company, an offshoot of Silicon Graphix, apparently sells primarily to the broadcast industry and has several units that claim to up-convert DV to high-quality HD. Can anyone comment from experience with this equipment ?
Mark Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2006, 02:29 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Teranex is something of a standard for uprezzing material -- at least from people I've spoken with. The uprezzing and standards conversion features are highly regarded.

mg
Matthew Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 05:53 AM   #3
Inner Circle

From what I've seen the price of their converters starts at something like $25K, which will pay for one really good HD camera or several entry-level ones. Also, in spite of claims that these work pretty well I haven't seen anyone post any compelling examples of upconverted footage. Anyone with a Teranex converter care to share some before and after clips?
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions