What Do You Drive? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old January 20th, 2008, 08:05 PM   #61
Regular Crew

2007 Jeep Wrangler (2 door) with tinted windows. It holds everyting I need in the back with the rear seat removed, and if my business expands to need more room than that, I can buy a trailer to tow around.

I added a 2 way alarm system with 1 mile range, so I will know if anyone is messing with my stuff, unless I get more than a mile from my Jeep.
Justin Deming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #62
Wrangler

I remember you, Justin! You got home from Kuwait and started a video business just like you planned? Good for you! How’s it going?

I got to spend several days in and around Lawton last summer and fall because of my son’s training at Ft. Sill. Driving around Medicine Park and that area I can see why a guy might want a Wrangler. Driving in Lawton—with its huge police presence—I think maybe I know why a guy might want an alarm system in his rig. :)
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:38 AM   #63
Major Player

I destroyed my ford explorer covering california wildfires. I was broken hearted. I took it all over. Los Angeles, Vegas, Tahoe, The Coast, Yosemite, you name it. It now sits in my garage awaiting a resurrection. So the day it died on me, I went out car shopping. I looked at other SUV's but what I saw just didn't grab me. I came across a Honda Element and loved it. Has plenty of space inside, seriously everyone that sits in it always tells me about the ridiculous amount of legspace. The back has plenty of space for my ENG gear
(cam, sticks, raincover, audio, lights, flak vest, and an extra rain jacket) It's engine is not beefy at all, but it runs very smooth. Already took it up to the mountains, and the 2wd handled just fine. Now if they just made one with microwave transmission gear...
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:08 PM   #64
Major Player

I drive a very stylish 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan with a mere 150k miles. It gets 22mpg on the highway and can fit four kids, camping gear, six bikes and all my camera gear and be exactly what it is, a POS car not worth breaking into.
Matt Buys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 05:55 PM   #65
Major Player

2003 Audi A4 1.8t, black/tan leather. Mint condition with only 39k miles.
John DeLuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #66
Regular Crew

2004 Pontiac Grand AM.
Travis Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 03:01 AM   #67
New Boot

2005 Toyota Hilux Double Cab. 2.5l Turbo Diesel. Very comfortable for truck and gets great mileage. With a canopy cover on the back, I can pretty much haul everthing for a shoot.
Eric Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 10:58 AM   #68
Regular Crew

Wow, I am the only one with a real truck lol.

2008 Dodge Ram 1 ton turbo diesal mega cab. Complete with Sat phone, mobile radio, sat radio built in.
Option two is 2003 Dodge ram 1/2 ton gas jobby 4X4. We need heavy duty trucks up here in the arctic with kick Azz heaters, block heater, battery blanket, oil pan heater and some even use in line water heaters.
Vince Halushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #69
New Boot

1984 GMC Sierra Classic pick-up.

Original owner. Considering getting something newer...

Rich
Rich Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 09:08 AM   #70
Regular Crew

I just got an '08 Toyota Corolla. It's the cheapest model, but the seats still fold down. With the seats up I can fit two small lighting kits (one with collapsible stands), my tripod, camera, and assorted accessories. If I put the seats down I can add C-Stands. Great gas mileage.

I also have an '04 Chrysler Sebring. It's a decent car, but the new Camry's are clearly a better mid-sized sedan if you're buying something new.

A while back I took a trip through upstate NY, shooting in Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse. I ended up renting a Mini Cooper for the gas mileage. No back seat, but I could still cram all of my gear plus an overnight bag into it. Sure, my tripod was coming up into the front passenger's seat, but it was an amazing drive.
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:43 PM   #71
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
You all have very big cars!

I drive a Renault Kangoo which is a 1500cc common rail turbodiesel, it only uses 5 liters diesel every 100km.
Yup, Noa. That's us here in America- land of energy gluttons. Every day in Atlanta I'll see the occasional hybrid or small car, yet I'll see dozens of Hummers, hundreds of giant SUVs (I call them SUXs 'cuz that is what they do) and huge pick-up trucks, most of which are all on the road with just one driver and empty seats and cargo beds. "But some day I might need the space!" Sheeesh.

My production vehicle is a mid-size pick-up. My other car is a pair of sneakers!
Jim Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #72
Regular Crew

My 1995 Miata was my daily driver until I got tired of my gear falling all over me when I took a right turn. In March I bought a 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX. It doesn't handle like the Miata does, but it hauls ass when it needs to. That, and I can now transport a passenger AND my gear at the same time.
Rick Foye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 03:25 PM   #73
Regular Crew

06 Nissan Frontier King Cab pickup, with a toolbox mounted in the bed for lightstands, tripod, etc. Okay mileage for a truck. I'm getting between 24 - 26 mpg. Manual transmission with cruise control. And really comfortable seats.

Jeremiah Hall
Jeremiah Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2008, 04:55 PM   #74
Major Player

the big kahuna

2008 Nissan Armada LE. great for hauling video and photo gear for wedding shoots, and two small kids in big ass car seats, with a giant stroller.
Scott Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #75
Regular Crew

gear hauler

2004 Land Rover Discovery
Hold both my portabrace cases and tripod

1994 Prostar 205
Used for chase boat filming
Attached Thumbnails
What Do You Drive?-p1000056-medium-.jpg  
Alessandro Garabaghi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home