Post pics of your setup - Page 23 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old January 11th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #331
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Daugherty View Post
Robert,
Nice set-up! I have the earlier model of that very same desk. (Instead of the tower shelf in the middle it has cabinet on rt side and file drawer on left.) I am moving everything around right now but I will try and most some pics later this month...

Heh. I have the same one you are describing now. Going to ditch it soon for a Raxxess Configuraxx like I had at my old job. I loved the rackspace that thing had.
Wade Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #332
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Turchick View Post
Here's mine...my wife calls it "the man cave"
Not in the picture is the table with all my production gear (lights, camera, audio, etc.) my iso booth is barely visible on the right.
I am a musician/composer as well as an audio engineer/producer. Video has been in my bag of tricks for about 6 years now.
Nice looking gold strat there! MIJ version or MIA?

I have a mid 90's MIJ - My living room here:

http://www.b-scenefilms.com/lrpic.jpg
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:29 PM   #333
Trustee

Wow..you're ready to rock!

Actually my strat is a Fernandes! It's a Japanese one which is actually the nicest of the brand other than the custom line. Got it when I worked a guitar shop for 10% above cost which really annoyed the owner as the next week the price doubled...almost to the American Fender prices. The other cool part was we were getting these guitars in cases of five at a time. My job was to do the setup and therefore, this was the pick of the litter out of dozens and IMHO plays as nice or nicer than many custom strats.
Old March 27th, 2010, 12:00 AM   #334
Major Player

I finally got my furniture moved around where I want and thought I would take a pic to share but with an L-shaped desk easier said than done. So here is a first attempt using photo stitching so there are some rough points but you get the idea...
Attached Thumbnails
Post pics of your setup-my-office-01.jpg  
Old March 30th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #335
Regular Crew

Nice setup, Bryan! And thanks for keeping this thread alive; I really like seeing other peoples' workstations.

One question: Why do you have two preview monitors? I see one on the left (looks like a computer monitor) and further off the roof (looks like a TV).
Chris Estrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #336
Major Player

Thanks Chris! In answer to your question, I have the 22.5 inch 1080p monitor on my desk that I use for editing preview. The HDTV in the distance, I use for rendered previews, client previews, and watching netflix online or blurays. The photo makes it a little hard to get perspective so I attached the floorplan for my layout. As you can see there is a couch in between the desk and the TV and the video card I use has video and 5.1 audio out via HDMI. The other reason I use the HDTV is to check playback on an actual set.
Attached Thumbnails
Post pics of your setup-living-rm-2.jpg  
Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:49 AM   #337
Inner Circle

Re: Post pics of your setup

I've taken the pictures, but I didn't tidy up - so what you see is what you get - a functional mess! Blue room is edit suite, red room audio studio. The other room is really for voice overs and recording - but is mainly full of even more junk.
Attached Thumbnails
Post pics of your setup-sbluestudio1.jpg   Post pics of your setup-sbluestudio2.jpg  

Post pics of your setup-sredstudio1.jpg   Post pics of your setup-sredstudio2.jpg  

Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:55 PM   #338
Major Player

Hey Bryan...

Is that a duplicator next to your machine, or is that external storage??
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #339
New Boot

Hi There Fellow Production Artists,

This thread is really great, It's nice to see how other folks in the trade have their trusty tools custom strewn about their workspace. Some of your setups are marvelous, and since I just stumbled across this thread, I'll take a picture of my completely custom 5600k only lighting workstation where clutter does not exist, holy mackerel, Just looking at some of the workstations makes me scratch my head as to how concentration is achieved, but as they say - to each their own. Just hope those cluttered stations don't inflict a lack of confidence when clients visit.
Old March 7th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #340
Trustee

Well, my new space is coming along. Electrician and HVAC guys were installing today.
Still not quite as large as my "ideal" (wife and city code says I can't take up more space on our lot!) BUT over double what I have now and has it's own bathroom! Ceilings arch from 9' to 12'.
Whole space is 15x23...greenscreen is painted 12' wide, 9' tall and 9' floor with cyc wall transition. Overhead lighting grid and acoustic panels/bass traps plus "cloud" acoustic panels above the GS floor and mix/edit position. The desk is almost 3 times the size of my old one and will easily sit two people. For what I've been doing for the last 3 years, this space will be perfect. Can't wait to move is and I will post pics of the progress as soon as I figure out how to get my pics off my iPhone!
Here's a rough rendering.
Attached Thumbnails
Post pics of your setup-screen-shot-2011-03-07-9.21.25-pm.png   Post pics of your setup-screen-shot-2011-03-07-9.21.03-pm.png  

Old March 23rd, 2011, 08:25 AM   #341
Major Player

I'll add mine. It may change as I may be switching office buildings soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Post pics of your setup-officepano.jpg  
Old March 29th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #342
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Manojlovic View Post
Hey Bryan...

Is that a duplicator next to your machine, or is that external storage??
So I was visiting this old thread and noticed I missed a question. Yes that is a duplicator. It uses an Acard controller and a USB conector that allows me to transfer iso files from my system to it's internal HDD.
Old April 21st, 2011, 06:51 PM   #343
Trustee

Ok folks! Here's the first pic of the completed studio. It's just an iPhone pic as I've been too lazy to bring out my 7D. (I promise to take good pics later!)
Highlights include a 12'x9'x9 painted green screen with cyc wall, overhead lighting grid with fluorescent fixtures (and 1 LED for backlight) teleprompter, pro tools, FCS, Adobe cs5, 32" Sony LED TV, lots of music gear, full bathroom with shower, and of course the beverage cooler with Guiness!
Best part is the commute is about 20 feet from my bedroom! Already done one shoot (emergency) before the room was complete...first official shoot is Monday! First new client meeting is tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails
Post pics of your setup-studio-photo.jpg  
Old April 27th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #344
Trustee

Here's a few more pics from the first official shoot! Studio works great! Clients loved it and since the lights generated next to no heat, the talent was comfy, happy and required very few makeup fixes!
Attached Thumbnails
Post pics of your setup-_mg_9834.jpg   Post pics of your setup-_mg_9839.jpg  

Old April 27th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #345
Inner Circle

I like the cans of Guinness etc. in the beer fridge...I think I'll "upgrade" my studio to incorporate a similar feature ;-)

Also, what size light is that big soft box? All in all looks very impressive!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home