Questionnaire - Boom users at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 25th, 2009, 03:00 AM   #1
New Boot

Questionnaire - Boom users

Hey Guys,

For my last year of school I am required to make a Major Design Project and I have decided to design and create a boom/ dolly.

For my research it would be beneficial to get peoples opinions of the current systems already available and what issues there are in portability and weight.

So if it isn't too much to ask may you please fill out this little questionnaire. You can be as detailed or as brief as you'd like, all information is helpful.

Occupation

Experience using booms

Have you ever used a boom in outdoor conditions?

What were the conditions like?

Were there any issues when trying to set up the boom?

When setting up the boom, how long did it take?

Do you find the weight of the boom to be too heavy to transport?

Is transporting a boom ever an issue?

Thanks

Will
Will Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 03:48 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Jib homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Davis View Post
Hey Guys,

For my last year of school I am required to make a Major Design Project and I have decided to design and create a boom/ dolly.

For my research it would be beneficial to get peoples opinions of the current systems already available and what issues there are in portability and weight.

So if it isn't too much to ask may you please fill out this little questionnaire. You can be as detailed or as brief as you'd like, all information is helpful.

Age 30

Occupation filmmaker

Experience using booms 3 different models/types 35 productions

Have you ever used a boom in outdoor conditions? yes

What were the conditions like? sometimes windy

Were there any issues when trying to set up the boom? it takes awhile but it is repeatable and dependable.

When setting up the boom, how long did it take? depends on the type 20 mins to 2 hours

Do you find the weight of the boom to be too heavy to transport? some of them definitely are

Is transporting a boom ever an issue? yes absolutely

Thanks

Will
if you are looking for any other training/rentals/info you can check out my site.
Fresno Jib Rental
Justin McAleece is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms