Sony DSR-PD170 Displayed and Announced - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old September 22nd, 2003, 10:35 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Amazing night shot

of the train where the box car lettering appears under the light. Almost looks like a weird Tim Burton thing. Batman in Quebec. This camera may be a pain in the butt, but some great art will be made with it both before and after better HDV cameras hit the scene.
Regards, Alan
Old September 22nd, 2003, 10:58 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Well this should be under Eric's post

..as I was talking about his church footage post. Beautiful. Alan
Old September 23rd, 2003, 12:00 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Sony hasn't made a big deal of it ....

apparently this is an upgrade to a very successful camera line.

I have Sony's and I have Canon's. I really like the Sony's low light capabilities.

New Panasonic's look great, the rest (JVC, etc..) I am not so sure about.

I think we will see a new seperate Sony camera line come out for the HD and 24f crowd. I don't think the PD-150 is supposed to be the next latest and greatest.

After 3-4 years of selling the PD 150, I think Sony has hit a homerun with it. Small upgrades here and there keep the PD 150/170 line comparable and competitive.

I am not in the market for a new camera, however, I would test a PD170 before I bought anything else. I just can't say enough about low lighting.

Important to mention- My Sony's are dear to me because they are the tools of my trade. However, on many occasion my kids are doing something I want to video. I always grab the PD150 before the GL2 because I rarely have to light the room or area.
Old September 23rd, 2003, 04:51 PM   #19
Major Player

Thanks for the comments on the church shot Alan, I was very astunished myself while shooting it. This camera has some impressive qualities... It never ceases to amaze me... I am a believer now, I have been since I saw the footage from Paul, I was then pretty sure this camera could "kick ass" and give me the image I am looking for. It did not take much testing to confirm that...
http://www.fictis.net
info@fictis.net
Old September 23rd, 2003, 06:29 PM   #20
Trustee

The upgrade from the PD150 to PD170 seems a lot like the upgrade from the Canon GL1 to GL2. The granddaddy upgrade is going to happen, though, and I think you'll se at a minimum 16x9 CCDs and 24p/30p/60i, at least I really hope that becomes standard issue.
Old September 29th, 2003, 10:41 PM   #21
New Boot

has anyone heard of when Sony or Canon plan on introducing their HDV cams? If, so when will they hit the market?

Matt

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U