Locking the exposure and shutter speed on HD10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old June 21st, 2004, 10:05 AM   #1
Tourist

Locking the exposure and shutter speed on HD10

Hello, first of all, this is my first post on this comunity. I have been reading posts for a while now and I find this site beyond useful. It's great!

I own an HD10 and I'm about to shoot a feature next month with it. I've been "discovering" everything that I can about the HD10 and I've read a lot of posts about the shutter and exposure adjustments. This may sound "rookie" of me but how do you lock the shutter speed and/or exposure value on this camera. I know I can lock the iris value but I haven't been able to lock anything else but that. As I sayed I've read many posts telling peolpe to lock it but I haven't learned how.
Please forgive my ignorance and again thanks for all the help.

Nuno Madeira Rodrigues

PS: I have several footage shot with my HD10, would love to share but I don't have any place I can upload it to. If anyone had any suggestions please let me know.
Old June 21st, 2004, 01:42 PM   #2
Regular Crew

You can do either but not both at once. I have been getting pretty good results with the shutter set at 1/60 or 1/30 then stopping down the camera with ND Filters.

I also have had pretty good results with a cokin 'A' filter set w/sunshades, in combination with screw on filters.
Old June 21st, 2004, 01:47 PM   #3
Regular Crew

oops - I think I misunderstood your question. To set the shutter speed, set the camera to manual (M) first.

On the back of the camera, hit the little SA button, which will let you switch between shutter speed and aperture priority. Then, on the back, the little menu wheel will let you dial in the shutter speed or aperture setting.

Good luck!
Old June 21st, 2004, 05:32 PM   #4
MPS Digital Studios

We can host it. Email me with details. My email is below this post.

hwm
Old June 24th, 2004, 01:03 PM   #5
Major Player

Just a little more clarification.

You can lock EITHER shutter OR iris with S/A control at the back of the camera.

OR

You can lock BOTH iris AND shutter with the exposure control (forward by the focus button). Just trim the exposure up or down as you wish by pressing up or down on the control. Then press IN on the control and hold it for a second or so - the VF will indicate it is locked.

You don't know what the shutter speed OR iris is - but they're locked!
Old September 4th, 2004, 03:38 PM   #6
Major Player

that's it... and it's truly bizarre
Old September 7th, 2004, 10:14 AM   #7
MPS Digital Studios

While shooting the day before stuff of the hurricane, I locked the exposure, then set the shutter to 1/60 and left that up. The image didn't change much, and I don't think the F-stop changed, but it may have.

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U