DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   The new KA-MR100 media recorder (XDCAM EX) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/145861-new-ka-mr100-media-recorder-xdcam-ex.html)

Simon Glidewell March 15th, 2009 09:41 AM

The new KA-MR100 media recorder (XDCAM EX)

Hello all,

Does anyone know if the new KA-MR100 XDCAM EX media recorder will work with the GY-HD111E and the GY-HD110E cameras? If so how does it plug into the camera if you use a V-lock battery system? Also does the DR-HD100 hard disc drive work with the above cameras? Likewise, how does this attach to the camera with a V-lock battery system? Can these two media recorders, plus batteries be attached to the above cameras at the same time, like the GY-HD200 series? Sorry about all my questions recently but we are working to a tight budget and need to find the best GY-HD price/accessory combination. Any help would be great!

Many thanks
Simon

Robert Rogoz March 15th, 2009 11:36 AM

Simon, I have GY-HD100 and it also works with DR-HD100. So I would assume your GY110/111/200 will work just fine with Firestore. Not sure on MR100. When using DR-HD100 use m2t mode and re-wrap it to Quicktime to avoid audio buzz. Unfortunately FE never fixed this audio problem and made it for us a complete pain the ass.
I use AB battery and I drilled into the plate in the back, attached a right angle piece of metal and connected everything with the bolts. It works and was cheap, considering AB extra plates were about 75 bucks. I also run power tap cable from my AB to the firestore, as these batteries don't last worth a crap.
BTW I am thinking about selling the entire set-up pretty soon.

Simon Glidewell March 15th, 2009 03:02 PM

Many thanks for your very helpful info Rob! Your set up sounds interesting. Do you have a photo or two that you could post showing how you did this?

All the best
Simon

Robert Rogoz March 15th, 2009 06:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is the set-up. Unfortunately I bought the cable, but you can rig one up for much less.

Simon Glidewell March 16th, 2009 04:59 AM

Hello Rob,

Many thanks for posting the photos of your HDD arrangement. It certainly looks interesting and innovative.

All the best
Simon

Tim Dashwood March 16th, 2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Glidewell (Post 1028030)
Does anyone know if the new KA-MR100 XDCAM EX media recorder will work with the GY-HD111E and the GY-HD110E cameras?

The answer is no. The KA-MR100 works only with the HM700 camera.
The KA-MR100 will also work with the HD200B or HD250 when used with the KA-UM100G adapter.

Alex Humphrey March 17th, 2009 04:25 PM

Robert: Neat setup!

Robert, hey neat setup! I wimped out (no tools here) and got a prefabed plate for my IDX system. Made the rig even longer, therefore I can charge more. :)

I must say I like your angle plate. I'll try to forget what I paid for my prefabbed IDX wirless mount.

Chris Beeger March 18th, 2009 07:05 PM

Hi Tim,

The KA-MR100 / KA-UM100G combo will only work with HD200B? Will this combo also work with HD200U and if so at what bandwith and which codec.