The new KA-MR100 media recorder (XDCAM EX) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 15th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

The new KA-MR100 media recorder (XDCAM EX)

Hello all,

Does anyone know if the new KA-MR100 XDCAM EX media recorder will work with the GY-HD111E and the GY-HD110E cameras? If so how does it plug into the camera if you use a V-lock battery system? Also does the DR-HD100 hard disc drive work with the above cameras? Likewise, how does this attach to the camera with a V-lock battery system? Can these two media recorders, plus batteries be attached to the above cameras at the same time, like the GY-HD200 series? Sorry about all my questions recently but we are working to a tight budget and need to find the best GY-HD price/accessory combination. Any help would be great!

Many thanks
Simon
Simon Glidewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 11:36 AM   #2
Major Player

Simon, I have GY-HD100 and it also works with DR-HD100. So I would assume your GY110/111/200 will work just fine with Firestore. Not sure on MR100. When using DR-HD100 use m2t mode and re-wrap it to Quicktime to avoid audio buzz. Unfortunately FE never fixed this audio problem and made it for us a complete pain the ass.
I use AB battery and I drilled into the plate in the back, attached a right angle piece of metal and connected everything with the bolts. It works and was cheap, considering AB extra plates were about 75 bucks. I also run power tap cable from my AB to the firestore, as these batteries don't last worth a crap.
BTW I am thinking about selling the entire set-up pretty soon.
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Many thanks for your very helpful info Rob! Your set up sounds interesting. Do you have a photo or two that you could post showing how you did this?

All the best
Simon
Old March 15th, 2009, 06:07 PM   #4
Major Player

This is the set-up. Unfortunately I bought the cable, but you can rig one up for much less.
Attached Thumbnails
The new KA-MR100 media recorder (XDCAM EX)-camera1.jpg   The new KA-MR100 media recorder (XDCAM EX)-camera2.jpg  

The new KA-MR100 media recorder (XDCAM EX)-camera3.jpg  
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2009, 04:59 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hello Rob,

Many thanks for posting the photos of your HDD arrangement. It certainly looks interesting and innovative.

All the best
Simon
Old March 16th, 2009, 12:34 PM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Glidewell View Post
Does anyone know if the new KA-MR100 XDCAM EX media recorder will work with the GY-HD111E and the GY-HD110E cameras?
The answer is no. The KA-MR100 works only with the HM700 camera.
The KA-MR100 will also work with the HD200B or HD250 when used with the KA-UM100G adapter.
Old March 17th, 2009, 04:25 PM   #7
Major Player

Robert: Neat setup!

Robert, hey neat setup! I wimped out (no tools here) and got a prefabed plate for my IDX system. Made the rig even longer, therefore I can charge more. :)

I must say I like your angle plate. I'll try to forget what I paid for my prefabbed IDX wirless mount.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #8
New Boot

Hi Tim,

The KA-MR100 / KA-UM100G combo will only work with HD200B? Will this combo also work with HD200U and if so at what bandwith and which codec.
Chris Beeger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems